Wanna Buy A Book? - xB x Keralis

(WC: 396
Category: Fluff
Ship type: Platonic
Warnings: None

I feel like the xBeralis cult is gonna come after me once they see this chapter—I'm looking at you, Erica—but here)

"Books for sale! Booooooks for sale! Hi, xB!"

xB glanced over from working at his fishing farm to see Keralis stuck in his trapdoor door. The wide-eyed man grunted, struggling to pull himself through.

xB giggled at his attempts. "Do you need some help?"

"Eerk." Keralis managed to get out, and he tumbled over himself, landing in a heap in front of xB. He stood and brushed himself off quickly, throwing xB a smile. "Hi! Wanna buy a book?"

"I just bought a book a while ago..." xB said.

"Oh, okay..." Keralis looked down. "Wanna buy another book?"

xB tried to find a way to let him down gently. "I don't really have a need for any enchantments..."

Keralis pouted. "Please?"

xB glanced in the direction of his villagers.

Keralis looked disappointed. He decided to give xB the large sad eyes. "Aww." He looked down and sniffled.

"Aw, man." xB couldn't resist Keralis's sad eyes. "Okay, fine. One book?"

"Just one book?" Keralis continued to make xB feel guilty. "Well, why not more? You never know when you'll need a book!"

xB silently cursed Keralis for being so persistent, but he couldn't stay mad. He dug around for an ender chest in his inventory, then placed it down. He tossed Keralis a couple dozen diamonds.

Keralis instantly brightened. "Yaaaaaay!"

xB laughed quietly. "You're welcome."

"Thank you, xB!" Keralis opened a shoulder box and showed off the contents to xB. "Which books do you want?"

"Uhh, you can choose for me." xB was still baffled at how many books Keralis had managed to acquire. Villagers were infuriating to work with, and it was a grindy process to trade with them.

Keralis's smile got wider. "Okay, so, I'm thinking some...protection, some feather falling, maybe some depth strider, and of course some mending." He handed xB a large stack of books.

xB flipped through them absentmindedly, admiring the pages and pages of Galactic text you needed to transcribe in order to use the enchantment. "Thanks again, Keralis."

"No, thank YOU! Keralis shoved the shulker box back into his inventory, then squeezed through the 1x1 gap. xB gave him a push from his side, and Keralis tumbled through.

"Thanks, xB! Love your face!"