Love Is A Compass

(WC: 2256 (holy--we're really going out with a bang huh)
Category: Soft angst, hurt/comfort
Warnings: None

Merry Christmas, everyone! And if you don't celebrate it, merry winter thing :D Hope all of you have an amazing day <3

This is the final installment of CtC2020! This is a fun little project to do, and I enjoyed it a lot. Got some big plans for 2021, too, so be on the lookout for that (some of you might already know because I suck at keeping things a secret)

While some of the other lyrics didn't suit as much, I tried to make sure that this one tied in the others as much as possible. I'm very happy with the outcome, and I hope y'all enjoy too :D)

When you're lost I will guide you

Oh, tell me you'll try to

Remember on the darker days

Love is a compass

Over the years, the people Grian spent Christmas with changed a lot.

When he was younger, he spent the holidays with Sam and Taurtis. Later, the group expanded to Evo--Pearl, BigB, Martyn, Timmy. He'd even spent one Christmas with NPG, just the two of them building rustic houses together in their own world. Last year, he'd hung out with Mumbo and Iskall in Sahara.

This year, he'd participated in MCC13 with Kara, Pete, and False as the Purple Penguins. They even came in second place. Then, he'd ended the Turf War with a big splash of minigames--and the Resistance had come out on top somehow.

But, despite all that, he was spending Christmas alone this year.

The other Resistance members had their own groups--Etho and Doc were with the nHo, Impulse was with ZIT, and so on. Scar was off decorating with BadTimes, his alter. Kara and Pete were off with their own friends, as were Pearl and Taurtis. NPG was...well. Now he couldn't celebrate with anyone. Grian had found out what happened when he passed by Jrumbot a few days ago.

So he had no one to go to.

Well...maybe he wasn't completely alone. He did have one person he could spend time with. Or, rather, robot.

"You don't have to do this," Jrumbot said quietly as Grian leaned against his robot body. "I was fine spending Christmas by myself."

Grian cupped his hands around his mouth, breathing into them and trying to warm them up. It was sunny today, but the cold winter air bit at him. His purple sweater was comfy, but it didn't do great at warming him up. "It's not like I have anywhere else to be."

"Oh, so I'm a last resort now." There was a striking similarity to NPG in Jrumbot's tone--a sort of cutting, curt tone that was brutally honest more than anything. It broke Grian's heart. The little guy was too young to be used to feeling forgotten.

"Hey, look," he started, but Jrumbot cut him off before he could say anything else.

"Why don't you go and spend time with people you actually care about?" The words stung. "Because you sure don't care about me."

"I do!" Grian protested weakly.

"You would have checked up on me if you did. You and Mumbo both. Some dad you are."

Grian sighed inwardly, spreading his wings and preparing to fly off. He obviously wasn't wanted here, and he really didn't want to stay at the place where NPG had shut down.

But Jrumbot wasn't done. "Oh, and Grian?"

Grian turned around slowly to look at Jrumbot one more time, worried about what he was going to say.