General MCYTverse Notes

Hey! This is a little different from my normal chapters. This is a chapter basically explaining how I write and imagine the Hermitcraft/MCYTverse in general. This includes things like how Admins work, portal hubs, etc.

If you want to use these ideas, go right ahead! Just please credit me :D

I might do a second part to this if people want more, so let me know!

So, without further ado, let's get into it:

COMMUNICATORS

» Communicators are basically like phones. You can get different models and types with more features, less features, etc.

» All communicators will have a chat feature, obviously.

» Think of the chat feature as a messaging system that is similar to Discord.

» More advanced communicators will have more features and also run much more smoothly than older models.

» It is also possible to make your own communicator, and this feature is popular in the technical players' group.

» I'd see Doc as one of the Hermits that would make his own communicator.

» Players who have been around for longer are more likely to have older communicators.

» Fun fact: There was a deleted scene in Swap that was supposed to joke around about how Mumbo's communicator was basically the Minecraft equivalent of a Nokia.

Three Roles

Players of a Minecraft world can be divided into three groups: Admins, Coders, and Players. Each has their own abilities and limitations. Other entities such as mobs and Watchers are a different story.

Admins

» There is only one admin per world, and is usually the creator of the world.

» Admin privileges can be passed on if the previous admin dies or decides to just pass it on.

» Xisuma and Ex are an exception, though. They're brothers, and both were born with admin privileges. X went on to run Hermitcraft, but Ex wasn't supposed to have admin in the first place. He doesn't have a world to run.

» Admins have the power to access a world's code and even alter it if they want to. This includes players' codes, mob codes, and the general structure of their world.

» But Admins have a set of rules for their world that they have to follow.

» They can't rewrite another player's code.
» They can't alter the world in any way (so things like firetick off, daylight cycle off, etc. aren't accessible).

» The set of rules fluctuates for each world--some worlds may have a more lenient set of rules, others may be very strict.

» Ex, however, doesn't have to follow these rules, because he has no world to run and shouldn't have admin in the first place

» (*cough* Overwrite *cough*)

Coders

» A coder isn't a part of a world and can access and change the code freely. Coders are mainly people who make mods and/or plugins.

» Coders' privileges can't be passed on, but most coders would like to keep their privileges anyway.

» Coders basically have the same privileges as admins. The two main differences are that they don't have a world to run and have more freedom with changing the code.

» This also makes them less of a target since admins are more well-known. A coder could change a player's code, but not a whole lot of people would suspect them.

Players

» Players have no special skills regarding the code of a world.

» There are, however, multiple subcategories in this group, such as interdimensionals, fighters, builders, redstoners, etc. I might get into all of those another time later.

» Players rely on the admins of their world to make sure that the world is running smoothly.

General Info

» The main thing about admins and coders is that most people don't see the full potential in being able to access an entire world's code. If you think about it, there's a whole lot more you could do to the world. Some very dangerous things.

» In some rare cases, an admin can be a coder too, or vice versa. It's very rare, though, as it's a very overpowered privilege.

PORTAL HUB

General Info

» You can get to the hub via your communicator--no matter the model/type, there's always a button on the side that will take you there. Alternatively, you can type /hub into the chat and it will automatically take you there.

» There are two hubs you can access: A private hub and a public hub. Both hubs contain two things: Spawn and the world database.

» The world database is how you can access all of your worlds.

» Servers like Hypixel or Wynncraft are accessible to everyone, but whitelisted worlds are only visible to the selected players.

» You can also access all singleplayer worlds from here.

» Spawn is, well, spawn. It also doubles as the place where the portal will generate in the private hub.

Private Hub

» By default, the private hub is just a singular plain white room (similar to Grian's infinity room in S6), but the player can decorate it any way they like.

» The hub is shown to only them, so no one else can access it. Each player has their own hub with their own different worlds.

» Once you select a world, spawn will automatically generate the portal that will take you to that world.

Public Hub

» The public hub cannot be altered and is visible to everyone.

» Unlike the private hub, all portals here are laid out in the hub. The room here is also much larger. I imagine it would look something like Season 6's Nether hub, with the map built out on the floor and tunnels leading to different areas.

» The portals are classified in three sections:

» Public servers (Hypixel, Wynncraft)
» Whitelisted servers (Hermitcraft, Dream SMP)
» Singleplayer worlds

» The public hub still has the world database, but it's used to navigate the hub instead if you can't find the right portal.

Portals

» Each world has its own unique portal that the admins can decorate or change any way they want to.

» The default portal is a 3x4 Nether portal.
» Hermitcraft's portal is the Infinity Portal from Season 6.
» Evo's portal is similar to the logo.

» Even though you can modify the portal, the portal still retains some kind of similarity to the original Nether portal. It varies with each portal--some might have the purple vortex, others might keep the obsidian frame, etc.

» Worlds that are no longer active or have been abandoned develop a new material in them, crying obsidian. They also lose their vortex and begin to resemble ruined portals.