"Things Always Get Better"

(WC: 1831
Category: Hurt/comfort, angst without a happy ending
Warnings: Death

Man I feel so bad. If anyone deserves a happy ending it's these two, but I haven't given them it ;_; This is the only oneshot in this multishot without a happy ending either aaaaaaaa

NPG and Jrumbot's dynamic is so great, I might write about them another time too (side note, since Grian helped make both of them, would they be half brothers? Grumbot too? That hurts even more now

Enjoy :'D)

When you're lost I will guide you

I'm right there beside you

Like a map of your memories

Things outside of the closet weren't much better than when he was inside.

At least, in the closet, he didn't have to deal with the cold.

NPG winced as his joints groaned and creaked, not doing so well in the snow.The weather was messing with his robotic parts, making them freeze up. His inner circuitry was warm enough to not be affected...

...Not like it mattered. His circuitry had been broken for a long time, and he doubted it would get any better.

Not only was he stuck out in the cold, but he had absolutely no idea where he was. For a bit, all he'd seen was ocean in all directions, though it was easy to traverse as the ice had frozen the water over. Finally, though, after slipping and sliding across the thin sheets, he found a large landmass and gratefully went onto it.

Now all he had to do was deal with the snow. Much better.

NPG pushed through the snow, which was piled up enough to almost submerge him. The snow messed with his circuits even more, and he knew he'd better get inside before it got any worse.

At this rate, he'd shut down even faster than he expected.

Luckily for him, this island seemed to have a number of buildings, all of which seemed to have their own unique style and clashed with one another. Without looking, he pushed through the snow in the direction of the nearest build, which was a small monotone square structure. It was almost buried halfway. Snow powdered a bit of the build that was jutting out from the top, though he thought he saw a bit of red underneath.

NPG stumbled out of the snow finally, entering the building. For some reason, whoever built this didn't add a door, so the snow leaked in behind him.

The inside was simplistic: Hanging sea lanterns illuminated the room nicely. The walls were a metallic gray, made out of something sturdy. Three chests were laid out evenly, though when he looked inside the middle one there was nothing of interest--just some kind of leather tunic dyed black.

NPG groaned slightly as he realized the inside wasn't much warmer than the outside. He could hear the sharp wind blow outside. Even though he didn't feel cold like normal people did, the cold was still dangerous to him.

It was like his own version of frostbite--but instead of his skin and tissue freezing, it was his circuitry and metal parts. Stay outside in the cold for too long, and he wouldn't be able to move or function because of the cold.

He tried to reach up to the sea lanterns to warm up, but that kind of lighting barely gave out any warmth. As he brought his arms down, he flinched at the sound of his elbow joints groaning in protest. He sighed and leaned against the building's walls, flexing his right arm and listening to it creak.

Well. This wasn't what he was expecting to come out of today.

"...Hello? Is someone there?"

NPG startled, looking around quickly to see if someone was in the room with him. No...he didn't see anyone. Had he just imagined the voice? He went back to bending his other arm, hoping to loosen up the joint. More creaking, and no luck.