Chapter 10

》》Jason Dutton《《

I dried my hands after doing the dishes. I grabbed my phone and exited the kitchen. I knocked on Roxy's bedroom door. A moment later she opened it.

"Yeah?"

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah," she smiled.

"I know you a strong girl but you don't have to act all tough around me ya know," I stated.

"I know," she sighed. "I just don't wanna worry you."

"If you need me I'll be in my room."

"If you need me I'll right in this room, sitting in the dark finishing the last two tubs of ice-cream in this cold weather while watching some porn," she smiled.

I rolled my eyes and headed to my room. I dropped on my bed and called Adrian.

"Hello?"

"Hey Adrian," I greeted with a huge grin spread across my face.

"Hi Jason. How you doing?"

"I'm good, and you? How are you doing?"

"I guess I'm ok," she sighed.

"Why do you guess? Did something happen?"

"No, it's nothing really, just having some issues with my father as well as with my ex."

"Your ex?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah, I've got ex boyfriends, why do you sound so surprised?"

"Well, I just find it a weird coincidence, my sister is also having trouble with her ex."

"Hm, strange...well then how is she?"

"She's alright. Doing better than the last time the guy messed up her heart," I stated.

"That's good."

"Hey, when we were at your place, we kissed and you all of a sudden pulled away with a very distressed look on your face. Why?" I enquired.

There was silence for a moment before the sound of her voice returned, "Well, it was because...the way you kissed me, it reminded me of my ex and... I have a confession to make..."

"I'm listening," I sat up and focused on what she was saying.

"Your sister's name is Roxanne Dutton right?"

"Yeah, how do you know?"

"Well, please tell her I'm sorry but I was as blind as she was. Tell her that I was the woman she caught in bed with Michael Robertson. I had no idea he had a girlfriend, and when she caught us I was as confused as she was.

"I didn't mean to be the reason she broke up with him. I didn't mean it at all. I didn't even know and just...let her know I'm sorry."

I was silent for a moment to try and process what she said. I sighed, "I understand. But I can't apologize in your place. You two have to meet up and talk. Alright?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"So what happened with your ex today?"

"He came over," she sighed. "He came and he asked for a second chance. I refused and kicked him out."

I laughed to myself, that guy was probably looking for a life now.

"What?"

"Funny thing is he did the same with my sister on Friday while we were out for that entire night."