Chapter 45

Adrian

I woke up and looked around. I was in bed. I looked to my left and then to my right.

Where's Arthur?

I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs. I saw Daniel carrying Arthur and feeding him a bottle. I sighed in relief.

"Oh good morning."

"Hi," I greeted back.

"The babysitter is on her way. You and I need to go out and have a talk," Daniel stated.

I looked around trying to process things and feeling as if something wasn't right with my eyes.

"Go get ready."

"O-oh, umm, ok." I went back upstairs and freshened up. I was about to head downstairs when I stopped. I went back to the bathroom and looked into the eyes on my reflection.

"Shit."

I looked through my bags and took out a box. Three pairs of contacts left. This was bad. I couldn't let Daniel find out my eyes were grey, what if he already knew?

I sighed and put on my lenses. I looked at my reflection once more to ensure nothing was wrong before I went downstairs. Daniel was talking to the babysitter.

"Make sure you take good care of them both," Daniel said.

"Will do sir."

"Adrian, shall we?" he asked.

I smiled. "Let's go." I looked at the babysitter, "Take good care of my son."

"Don't worry."

Daniel opened the door for me and I walked out. He led me to his car and opened the door for me. "Thank you," I said getting inside.

He took his seat and drove us to the mall. We went to a restaurant for breakfast.

"I'll have an espresso," Daniel ordered. "What will you have Adrian?"

I looked up at the waiter. "I'll have a cappuccino."

"I'll be back with your drinks," the waiter smiled before leaving.

"So what will you have for breakfast?" Daniel asked looking through his menu.

"I won't," I stated.

"What? You have to. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day," he stated.

"Well I'm not hungry."

"Are you starving yourself?" he asked in a serious tone.

"No, I just don't feel like doing anything, I'm worried about my son," I sighed.

"Your son is in good hands-"

"When did you hire the babysitter?" I asked interrupting him.

"Um... the one I had before her quit, and I got her two days before you moved in with me. Why do you ask?"

"I don't trust her," I stated.

"Trust me, she is trustworthy. Hey, don't worry."

The waiter came with our drinks. "Espresso for you sir." "Thank you," Daniel smiled.

"And a cappuccino for you ma'am." "Thanks," I thanked.

"May I take your order?"

"Yes, I'll have a breakfast burger," Daniel stated.

"And for you ma'am?"

"I won't be-" I looked at Daniel who had taken my hand and looked at me with pleading eyes. I pulled my hand out of his and said, "I'll have waffles with the ice-cream on top."