Chapter 25

Jason

I knocked on the door.

"Come in."

I opened the door and walked into my sister's room.

"Good morning! I made breakfast!" I exclaimed.

"What did you make?" Roxy asked.

"Toast, eggs and bacon with grape juice," I smiled proudly giving her the tray.

"Thanks Jason," she smiled gratefully.

I watched as she ate her breakfast... well I wasn't really watching. I was kind of regretting what I said to Adrian.

We haven't seen each other, nor have we talked for two or three weeks. I hadn't been able to have a good night's sleep for a while now. It was really weighing down on me.

"Hello? Jason?" I came out of my daydream to see Roxy waving her hand in from of me.

"Hm? Yeah?"

"Hey, you ok?" she asked.

"Yeah. I'm ok."

Roxy gave me a worried glance. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah," I replied playing with my fingers.

"I doubt that."

"Ok Dr Roxy, if you really think there's something wrong with me, why don't you tell me what it is. As far as I know I'm fine."

"There's nothing wrong with you, there's just something affecting you because you are experiencing something for the first time," she explained before taking a sip of her juice.

"And what is that?"

"You're in love. For the first time, you are actually in love and this girl you're in love with, you broke her heart and I can see very clearly how much you're regretting that."

I sighed. She was right. No matter how much I wanted to deny it, it was the truth but I like the idiot I am still tried to argue. "And so? It's not like its doing me any harm. I'm ok. I'm doing just fine."

"Oh really?"

"Yes!"

"How about a little bet," Roxy suggested.

"Oh please," I sulked.

"It's just a little bet or that just proves how much you love her," she persuaded.

I shot her a glare and sighed in defeat, "Whats the bet?"

"If you don't love her as you claim then you have to, one, delete every pic you have of her in front of me. Two, delete her number and chat. And three, tell her face to face its over. If you do that i owe you 100 bucks.

"And if you can't do that, you owe me 200 bucks and you have to get her back and if she rejects you, you only owe me 150. Deal?"

"Fine," I sighed.

~~~~~~~~~

I stepped out of my car and walked to the front door. I took a deep breath before raising my hand to knock.

I wait for a moment before the door was opened by Adrian. She looked like she was in pain.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"We need to talk," I stated.

"There's nothing to talk about Jason," she said impatiently.

"But, I'm sorry. I wasnt thinking straight, I hurt you without thinking. Please, give me a second chance. Forgive me," I urged.