Chapter 26

Adrian

I knocked on the door and waited. Finally it was opened.

"How can I help you Adrian?" Jack asked.

"I need to talk to you," I stated. "May I come in?"

Jack stepped aside letting me into his untidy apartment.

"Take a seat."

I sat on his couch.

"What you wanna talk about?"

"I just have one question for you. Remember that night when we, you know... made love... twice?"

"Yeah," he said sounding confused.

"Yeah, I just briefly remember telling you to come inside of me. I don't clearly remember if you did or didn't. So it's really important that I know if you did or didn't," I explained.

"Why?"

"Just please tell me. Did you?"

Jack looked away. He slowly nodded.

"You did?!"

"Yeah," he shrugged.

"Oh my God..." I breathed out.

"I don't get what the problem is."

"And did we use any sort of protection?" I asked.

"No."

"Fuck. Just what I need," I groaned.

"What is the problem?" he asked confused as I held my head in my hands.

"I'm pregnant," I sighed raking my fingers through my hair.

"You're what?!"

"I'm pregnant and I don't know if you or Jason is the father," I stated.

"We're screwed," Jack said getting on his feet.

"I could have another abortion but when Jason and I made love the day after we got back together we didn't use protection and if he's expecting me to be pregnant then I don't know what to do," I explained.

"Just lie to him," Jack suggested.

"But as the child grows up he'll realise. Jason is smart and I don't think we can outsmart him on this one," I stated turning down his suggestion.

"Well what are we gonna do so that you don't lose your boyfriend and I don't lose my best friend?"

~~~~~~~~~~

I made my way back home after Jack and I finally came up with a plan. We were just gonna have to lie to Jason and get a paternity test after the child is born.

"Finally home," Melvin smiled.

"Yeah," I sighed. "Y'all had dinner without me?"

"We thought you'd have dinner with Jason," Melvin stated.

"I was at the hospital to find out what was wrong with me," I sighed dropping my bag and heading to the kitchen.

"Whats the problem?" I heard my brother ask from the living room.

"Only getting results in three days time," I replied.

"Ok. If you're looking for dinner, leftovers' in the fridge."

I had dinner and went to bed.

I stared at the ceiling as millions of thoughts washed over me like a wild ocean.