Chapter 29

Jason

"...that's what happened," I finished explaining.

"How do you know they work for the Falcon?" the detective left in the room asked.

"I heard them negotiating and they referred to the boss as 'Falcon'," I explained.

"What were they negotiating about?"

"They chatting about some equipment and some vehicles."

"Did you see anything solid that can help us find them?"

I shook my head no.

The detective sighed. "Thank you for your time Mr Dutton."

I got up and left. I got into the car and asked, "Ready?"

"Yeah," Master Mind said as my phone started ringing.

It was Robert.

I took the call, "Robert?"

"Did you leave yet?"

"No."

"Meet me at the coffe shop down the road."

"Sorry Robert but I have a lot of work to do. Maybe tomorrow," I told him.

"Tomorrow, at 11 sharp," he instructed.

"Fine." I hung up and sighed, "Tomorrow at the morgue."

We waited for a while before we saw Robert walk out if the station. I had to time it just right cause after I press the button it would be thirty seconds before an explosion.

Robert put his briefcase in the trunk and opened the front door. I pressed the button and watched.

He all of a sudden got out if the car again. He took a jog into the station and shortly jogged out then the car exploded causing him to to fly.

We waited a moment before driving off. This was another fail and I was not happy. Robert was still alive and he would take me as the number one suspect. He might just get me behind bars.

"Since that didn't work what we gonna do now boss?" Calvin asked.

"The only way to kill him is by a bullet through the head. I've got enough problems on my plate and the cops is one I wanna get rid of," I stated.

Adrian

I sighed closing my apartment door behind me. Week seven of my pregnancy and I was overly exhausted.

I had used some of the money Jason gave me to buy a second handed bed, couch, tv, coffee-table and a few other stuff just to make my apartment liveable.

I lived in a pretty rundown part of Bedford. Far away from my recent past. This was my new home. I had gotten a job as a receptionist, earned just enough to pay rent and electricity and water.

I would have very little to spend on food but just enough to survive the month. Well, maybe it was cause i would sometimes go to bed without eating. I know this is bad for the baby but what choice to I have? I've been messed up emotionally and dealing with a pregnancy all alone doesn't make things better.

The worst part is the nausea. Hate it. I couldn't really afford the best hygiene but I did my best to use cleaning products sparingly.

I was trying to save up the money I had left which Jason gave me for the baby cause the first year will be pretty costly and if I can bearly afford to feed myself, how do I feed my child?

Life was getting tougher everyday and I hate to admit I was getting weaker everyday. My mental demons had returned but I couldn't cut myself this time round or smoke. I had to face 'em causing my high blood pressure, also bad for the baby.