Chapter 47

Jason

I looked in the mirror at my reflection and smiled. "It's perfect," I stated satisfied with the new tattoo on my chest. "Thanks." I paid and left.

I went to the chess room where Bruce was.

"So what's our plan?" he asked.

I sat at a desk and sighed. "So, you are gonna have to quit chess and join me in the kitchen, it's the only place we have a shot at escaping from. On your way to the kitchen you'll go past the wood workshop. I have a friend who said he'll be there during dinner so we'll get a small saw."

"How will we get it to the kitchen?"

"Usually we'll be heading back to the kitchen with leftovers, we can put the saw in the food and pray when the officers check they don't hit it. As I was searching the place I found out that the kitchen as a blind spot in the room where the dishes are done.

"In the corner right next to the door and window, officers outside won't be able to see us. And if we stack the boxes in the corner right by the door to make a kind of wall, we'll be good.

"Everyday one of us will do all the dishes while the other cuts through the bars with saw. We're gonna cut until we know on the day we'll be cutting for only five minutes before we're through. Now I just gotta figure out something about the fence," I explained.

"Sounds like a plan. No wonder it took the cops so many years to find you," Bruce commented.

Adrian

I went home after a hectic day at work. I've been working at a call centre representative again. I feel like it's the only job that suits me.

I sat on the couch to relax for a while. Just then the door as opened and Allegra came running inside.

"Hello Adrian," she greeted.

"Hello Allegra, how are you?"

"Fine. I got a sweetie," she smiled.

"Wow, that's great. You're always a-" I stopped when I saw Daniel walk in with Arthur in his arms.

"Surprise," he smiled.

I ran up to him and took my son. "Arthur! He's alright! I missed you so much Arthur!" I exclaimed giving my son several kisses on the forehead. I looked at Daniel, "Is he alright? Is there a problem?"

"He is just fine. He has to be observed in case the propofol would give him the nasty side effects. Babies can't talk so it would be difficult for us to notice anything wrong so they had to keep him for two weeks," Daniel explained.

"Makes sense," I commented. I looked at my son and smiled, "I'm so glad you're ok. You and I have a lot to catch up on."

~~~~~~~~~~

I lay on my bed watching my son sleep peacefully. Just then there was a knock on the door. "Come in," I said.

Daniel came in. "I was looking for you," he said.

"Why?"

"I enjoy your company. You really missed your son, didn't you?"

I nodded.

He sat on my bed, "Tell me about his father."

"I haven't talked about him in ages," I stated.

"But I'm your psychologist, and your boyfriend," Daniel argued.

"But I don't wanna talk about it," I said sternly.

"Do you love me?" he inquired.

"Of course I do."