Chapter 39

Roxanne

Jack returned and we went back to our game of chess. Just then there was a knock on the door. I got up and went to open the door.

"Tyler? What are you doing here?"

"I came to check on Jason, I saw him at the bar drinking uncontrollably and I wanted to make sure he's alright."

"He's sleeping now. Would you like to come in?" I asked.

"Sure."

I stepped aside and let Tyler in. I closed the door.

"Roxy, I need to talk to you," Tyler said.

"Sure," I said. I led her to my room. "So what's up?" I asked nervously avoiding eye contact.

"I want to talk about what happened with you and Jack."

"Tyler, I'm sorry, I really am. I really hope that some day you can forgive me but I know what I did was unforgivable and if you don't I totally get it. I just need you to know-"

"Hey," Tyler got me to look at her, "I forgive you. You're the younger sister I lost. I could never stay mad at you, no matter how many of my boyfriends you fuck with," she sighed, "or how many times you and Jack fucked. You will always be my sister."

My eyes stung with tears as my heart melted. We hugged each other. "Thank you."

"No need, I don't know what I'd do if I lost you. You're everything to me, never forget that."

We finally broke the hug.

We went back to the living room. "So you two are good now?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, now I gotta go cause my car is waiting," Tyler sighed.

"So you just came to tell me you forgive me?" I asked.

"Basically. I just had a feeling that I really had to do it. I'll see y'all tomorrow." Tyler left and I sat on the couch.

"What's up?" Jack asked.

"Just tired. Worried bout Jason."

"He'll be fine," Jack said sitting beside me.

I lay my head on his chest and sighed, "I hope so."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason

I woke up feeling my head about to explode. I lay my hand on the left hand side of my head and winced in pain. I tried again slowly only to achieve the same result, pain.

I got out of bed and looked in the mirror, I had a red nasty bruise. Then I remembered last night.

"Roxy? Do you trust me?" Jack asked pulling out his gun.

I wiped some of the tears that drenched my face before I looked at Jack again. All of a sudden everything went dark.

That son of a-

I stomped out of my room to see Jack sitting on the couch with Roxy in his arms, both still sound asleep. Seeing this took me back to when Roxy was just a girl, a few months after mom died and dad left.

When I'd work night shifts and leave Roxy with Jack after he returned from work. I remember when I returned early in the morning when they were still asleep. I'd often return to them sleeping just like how they were now.

I smiled. I'm sure Jack had a good reason to knock me out. He's my brother, he would never wanna hurt me.

I went to the kitchen, feeling the familiarity of this day. I felt like I was being taken back to my life in Bedford.