Chapter 46

Adrian

Daniel opened the door for me and let me inside. "Hello Bethany," I greeted.

"Hi Adrian, hello Daniel," the babysitter greeted.

"Hi Beth, where's Allegra and Arthur?" Daniel asked.

Allegra came running down the stairs exclaiming, "Daddy!"

"Hello princess!" Daniel greeted picking up his daughter.

"Arthur is sleeping," Bethany stated.

I went upstairs to my room. I opened the door to see Arthur asleep on the bed. I smiled to myself and sat beside him. "My baby," I smiled giving him a kiss in the hair. "I missed you. What's this?" I brushed his hair away from his face to see a cut.

I frowned and picked him up. He was covered in bruises and had a few cuts on his face.

I went downstairs just as Bethany was about to leave. "Bethany!" I called.

She stopped and I walked up to her, "What the hell did you do to my son?!"

"Ma'am, I just took care of him as you said."

The bitch had the nerve to lie straight to my face. I told Daniel to hold Arthur before I grabbed Bethany by the shirt. "Bitch please, tell me the truth, what did you do to my son?"

"I did nothing! I-"

I slapped her. "Tell me the truth, what did you do?"

"Nothing!"

"Oh yeah? Tell me why my son is covered in bruises. Tell me why he has cuts on him. Tell me!!"

"Bethany what did you do?" Daniel asked showing her Arthur.

"Boss, you know me, I did nothing!! He just fell of the couch!"

"Oh so now you remember?" Daniel asked.

"Listen here, you can't lie to me. Tell me what you did to my son!" I yelled.

"Nothing!"

I was about to attack when Daniel put Arthur in my arms and went outside with Bethany.

I walked to the living room and saw Bethany's phone. I took it switched on the screen to see she had one unread message.

Meet me at my place
16:12

I scrolled up and read some of the messages from yesterday.

Did you take pictures of him?
13:07

Sure did, I'll send them to you
now
13:07

Good, I'll print them out myself,
this should definitely get the Falcon
to wake up
13:08

I looked at the pictures she sent and dashed upstair leaving Arthur on my bed so he could carry on with his sleep. I went outside where Daniel and Bethany were as I continued reading.

That's all the pictures I could take
13:11

Great job, I'm glad I could count on
you Behtany
13:12

It's no problem dad

13:12

I walked up to Bethany and punched her. I grabbed her by the shirt and asked showing her the phone, "You beat my son and took pictures of that."