Chapter 17

》》Jason Dutton《《

Jack and I burst into laughter at the epic fail we had just seen in the tv. Jack started choking on popcorn. I gave him one hard slap on the back and his choking was replaced by a scream. Calvin burst into laughter at this as Jack threw cushions at me.

Just then my phone started ringing. "Boo! Don't pick it up!" Jack sulked. "Yeah it's interrupting our afternoon slash night chill session," Calvin added.

I ignored them and picked up the call from Roxy. "Roxy?"

"Jason, I have some important news, meet me at the mansion," she instructed.

"Can it wait?" I enquired.

"No, we've got a traitor."

"I'm on my way."

I hung up and grabbed my jacket. "I gotta go," I told the guys.

I left and rushed to the mansion.

I walked inside and saw Roxy standing next to Master Mind who was seated and they were both staring at his laptop.

"Whats the matter?" I asked them.

"I think you have to see it to believe it," Master Mind stated.

I stood by his side and looked at the laptop screen which was playing a security footage. It showed Adrian putting the black box that contained the ring in the safe. Then she left. A moment later Skye walked inside looking around suspiciously.

He opened the safe and took the ring out of the box before closing the safe and leaving.

"Where is he now?" I asked.

"Police station, he was walking down the street wearing a 16 carat red diamond ring, of course the police are gonna suspect him," Master Mind stated.

"Who caught him?"

"Robert Markham, who else," Roxy stated dryly. "On top of that the ring was returned to it's owner. I went to see him and he threatened to "sing like a little birdy that's just found it's beak" if we told you anything."

"I think it's time I ensure he never talks again," I stated. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Claire. What name you go by now?" I greeted taking a seat next to the lady.

"I'm the Haberdasher," she said drinking her milkshake.

"I need you to do me a dirty favour," I stated taking a look around the ensure no one was listening.

"What kind of favour?" she asked.

"I want you to shut the mouth of a traitor," I stated.

"Why would anyone betray you?" she asked a bit shocked.

"They didn't appreciate my generosity. But you know how generous I am, and you know how much generosity I show to those who stick with me," I stated lowly.

"Are there any limitations to my methods?"

"Not at all, just do what you have to do so he doesn't sing like a little birdy. And payment is no problem," I took out two envelopes filled with cash and gave it to her. "This is half of the total amount, I'll give you the rest after the job is done."

"It was nice negotiating with you," smiled Claire giving me a handshake handing me strip of paper. "Send me a text message of the birdy's name, address and other details and I'll ensure he never sings again."

I shoved the paper in my pocket as I got up and left.

I went to my apartment and collapse on the couch. I took out my phone and texted the details about Skye and the procedures I wanted the Haberdasher to follow for the absolute discretion of this operation, before sending it to her.