Chapter 19

》》Jason《《

Adrian went outside to call Jack. I remained in the bar drinking my glass of alcohol.

"Hello son, may I come in?"

I stared coldly at the man who abandoned us.

"Jason? Who is it?" I heard Roxy's voice approaching.

She lay her hand on my shoulder and I stepped aside.

"Excuse me sir, do I know you?" she asked. She probably didn't remember him since we hadn't seen him in such a long time.

"I am your father," he stated.

"Why are you here Daniel?!" I yelled.

"I came to visit."

"You disappeared from our lives and we'd prefer it stay that way. Good night Daniel," I stated before shutting the door in his face.

I walked back to the living room when I heard the door open. I spun around to see Roxy fall into the arms of her father giving him a hug. "Dad!"

I puffed in anger as Roxy let him in.

I stared at the glass getting tears in my eyes. My grip subconsciously tightened around the glass. It cracked.

"You refuse to see the bigger picture just like your mother! And now she's six feet under where she belongs!!"

"Jason?"

Next thing I knew the glass broke in my hand, but like I didn't feel a thing my grip tightened around the shards of broken glass.

I began to hyperventilate as my hand formed a fist with blood seeping through my fingers. Tears rolled down my cheeks as flashbacks of my father and I fighting took control.

"Jason!!"

Adrian turned my head so I was facing her.

"Jason, hey...look into my eyes. I know it hurts, hurts like hell. I know you're confused, you're in a terrible state of mind right now. I know, I understand that. I know your mother's death haunts you, it haunts the very day you were born.

"I know. I need you to come back to me. Come back, get out of your head. Get out of there, it's killing you slowly. Get out, come back to me. Leave your thoughts behind, don't let the memories possess you. Come back to me."

Slowly my grip loosened. I stared into her eyes as tears rolled down my face. She used her thumbs to wipe away my tears and caressed my cheek.

My hand was treated and bandaged. Adrian sat with me holding my right hand in hers. I took a deep breath pulling myself together before I spoke, "I'm sorry."

》》Adrian《《

I walked back into the bar to where Jason was seated. He stared coldly at the drink in his hand. The glass suddenly cracked.

"Jason?"

He was so deep in thought he didn't even hear me. His grip tightened as his anger became more evident. His jawline popped out as he gritted his teeth as he frowned at the glass.

All of a sudden the glass broke in his hand but instead of letting go, he tightened his hand forming a fist.

"Jason!"

He started breathing heavily as blood dropped on the table from his hand.

I turned his head so he could look at me, "Jason!!!"