15 | wait and see

NEO CULTURE TECHNOLOGY
MAD CITY BASE
10:32 AM, FRIDAY

3RD PERONS VIEW

"She's stubborn as hell." Jaemin spat as he leaned back onto his chair. "Like– I mean... Argh!" the boy was frustrated, not knowing what to do anymore. He just wanted to grab her and push her into the car trunk then bring her back into the base.

"Why can we jus—"

"Don't worry." Taeyong flashed them a smile, "Xiaojun?" he turns to the Chinese boy who seemed to be occupied with his own train of thoughts.

He was thinking of strategies to get Keiko to talk back to him - but in a more nicer way than she usually does. The Chinese boy sighed and looked up, "Yes?"

"Just stall her for today."

"What do you mean?" his brows furrowed, loosing the focus he had earlier.

"Just..." Taeyong pursed his lips, hinting that he had other plans under his sleeves.

Doyoung sighed, placing down the stacks of files he had in his hands. "What are you up to now and why am I not informed."

"It's something only Jisung and I talked about." their Boss said and with that, all attention was passed onto the hacker, deliberately doing his work, not noticing their intent stares. "Seems like he's busy." Taeyong chuckled, shrugging his shoulders.

Jaehyun rested his chin on the palm of his right hand, "What would we even gain if we have her?"

"Possibly Everything." Taeyong's eyes beamed as the yellow light of the meeting room hit his dark brown orbs.

"Well, that's what I assume we get. Especially if it's Mikami Empire we're messing with." he avowed, a playful grin spread wide on his lips.

Everyone was well aware of the infamous story between the Mikami Empire and Lee Corporation. Still, even for the boys – who were close to Taeyong – the hidden story behind the two rival companies remained a secret. How did Mikami Empire survive even if they faced a huge downfall after Lee Corporation finally had the advantage to bring them down? It was a story that even Taeyong was clueless about.

"Come again?" Youngho choked out, not sure if what he heard was correct.

"M-Mikami?" Taeil blinked, "Are you serious?"

Jaehyun smirked, "Still a madman, Tae."

"What does the Mikami Empire have in this?"

"Their prized possession." Taeyong chuckled, "Yun Keiko."

Kun raised a brow, "I don't exactly see the connection."

Lucas laughed out loud, "I get it!"

"You do?" Sicheng eyed him.

"Yun Hansuke, he's relatives with Mikami Empire isn't he? That's where Keiko comes in."

Mark looked at him with wide eyes, "That actually makes sense."