35 | the trump card

NEO CULTURE TECHNOLOGY
MAD CITY BASE
11:01 PM, SATURDAY

3RD PERSONS VIEW

"Bold of you to escape this place, brat." Xiaojun scoffed as soon as she plodded into the mansion. Rolling her eyes, she ignored the boy, having no mood at all to say anything.

Xiaojun was flabbergasted that she didn't talk back to him like she usually would. Instead, she walked past them, making her way to her room.

"I think she's not in the mood to do that right now, Dejun," Kun uttered, seeing her back figure disappear far into the hallways.

Taeyong let out a deep sigh, loosening his tie. Doyoung cleared his throat, tapping Taeyong's shoulder to gain his attention. "What do you need, Doyoung?" he murmured, walking into the kitchen to serve himself a glass of red wine.

Doyoung clicked his tongue, "Someone called and asked for you awhile ago."

"And who may this person be?"

"Mikami Eiichi."

His whole body stiffening, the grip he had around the thin body of the glass tightened as he gulped down the raw taste of wine. "The Mikami Eiichi?"

Of course, no one would be able to overlook that name in the mafia world. It was known that Mikami Eiichi was correlated with a certain gang, and it was no surprise that he was now phoning Taeyong. They have had a few conversations before, some of the boys even said they seemed really close.

Scrunching his nose, he took another sip, "What does he want now?"

"He arranged a private meeting. Next week Sunday, at a famous restaurant downtown."

Taeyong tittered dryly, leaning back onto the countertop, "It's not like I'd be able to decline him."

Doyoung's face turned sour, knowing very well what was going on between Taeyong and Eiichi. The mafia gang Eiichi associated with was no other than NCT. This was to ensure that Keiko was safe. He made a lot of attempts– to try and bring back Keiko– unfortunately, they wouldn't back down either.

Taeyong already had his eyes laid on the girl, no way will they let anyone take her away from their grasp.

"Why did you even accept his offer?" Doyoung sighed and grabbed a glass, pouring himself his own red wine.

The mafia boss shrugged his shoulders, a subtle smirk plastered on his face, "It's all part of the plan, Doyoung. Keishin losing, Keiko's life wrapped around our fingers, manipulating her as I prove my father wrong? By then, we would have everything."

A scowl on his face, Doyoung felt a bit sick. "I get that you practically manipulated Eiichi to believe that you would take care of Keiko– but– are you seriously planning to kill her?!"

Taeyong hummed boringly, "I just said that so all of you would really keep an eye on her."

"Besides," he chuckled, placing the glass onto the table before walking out, "it all depends on how it goes. I still need her, so I'm still acting up."