23 | to the world

MIKAMI FAMILY MANSION
9:23 PM, SATURDAY

3RD PERSONS VIEW

"They have taken Keiko." Hansuke mumbled as he sat in front of his other distant relatives.

Keishin let out a deep sigh, massaging his temples, "That bastard– Lee Taeyong!"

"I don't get what's the point of you playing this gamble, Keishin."

"Ojiisan–"

"Yes. We must not lose against a Lee heir, but still Keishin! You could lose Keiko for eternity."

"Like I care for he—"

"Mikami Keishin! I certainly did not raise you to become so selfish! She is your daughter!" Mikami Eiichi's voice hollered at his son. A cold aura surround him as he stood up, his legs barely even keeping him still, "Keiko is a Mikami– she will always be a Mikami whether you like it or not!"

"We already sold her, Ojiisan! She's– we shouldn't even be meddling with her life! Heck, I'm only doing this for the sake of the Mikami's."

Eiichi shook his head and sat back down, glaring at his son with those dark eyes, "You're not doing this for the sake of the Mikami Empire. You're doing this for the sake of yourself. To satisfy your pride– to prove Taeyong's father that you're not giving up."

Keishin grunted and looked away, as much as he wanted to retort and fight back, it was all true. Mikami Keishin, who was once friends with Lee Taehui, was eaten by his own gluttony. He wanted to be the best– and he did. Unfortunately, even if he was the best, his best was still not everything.

"You were friends Keishin!"

Keishin stifled a laugh, "Friends? We were never friends."

Eiichi nodded his head, acknowledging his son's choice of words. "I don't know where the old Mikami Keishin went. You're just someone who had been feeding off of greed. You're not a Mikami, you're not even my son."

"If you fail to win this gamble... you have no rights to call yourself a Mikami."

.    .     .

NEO CULTURE TECHNOLOGY
MAD CITY BASE
10:54 PM, SATURDAY

3RD PERSONS VIEW

"Mon Cherie, what are you doing here?" the classy Underboss questioned the girl as he leaned against the cold railings of the mansion's balcony. Keiko yawned, "Just thinking if it was a good time to jump... nothing special." she joked staring off at the facility they were in.

Jaehyun chuckled lightly, "I'll have to stop you when you do decide to jump, hmm?"

"Why so?" she glances at him, raising a brow.

"You're the very prize we can have when we win the game, you can't just die on us, Cherrie."

Keiko laughed and pushed herself up the balcony, her legs dangling high off the ground as she sat on the railings, "Watch me."

As she was about to jump, Jaehyun wrapped his arm around her chest, pulling her back as she fell onto his chest. Her eyes wide, she took little breaths. Keiko reached to touch his arm in which he tightened, securing her spot in between his chest and his arms, "I told you, Cherrie. I will stop you."