38 | the mad mafioso in mad city

NEO CULTURE TECHNOLOGY
MAD CITY BASE
7:21 PM, SUNDAY

3RD PERSONS VIEW

"Should've given me a gun instead–"

"Could you please shut up?" Xiaojun grumbled as he attended to her wound, grimacing as the blackened wound seemed more horrible than he imagined. "Yikes..."

Keiko let out a deep sigh, rolling her eyes as she slumped her shoulders, "I asked for a gun and he gave me a fucking sniper rifle and told me to assassinate that fedora guy!"

"I can hear you, you know," Mark grunted from the other side of the curtain as Taeil cleaned up Mark's wound, wrapping a gauze on it to help the blood clot.

"Since when did you become a medic?" Keiko raised a brow, eyeing Xiaojun who was inspecting her wound after cleaning it.

The boy huffed, "I'm apart of the medical unit!"

Keiko scrunched nose, shaking her head, "Yeah, you act like you aren't, even end up slicing me with a knife– shit! Don't do that!" she yelped and was about to punch Xiaojun with her free hand when he got a hold of her fist.

Her balled fists perfectly in his palms, he chuckled deeply, "Well that was slow– guess your wound damaged a bit of your speed."

"Hey, Taeil-hyung? Do I need to stitch this up?"

Taeil hummed, sliding the snow-white curtains to look at them. As he did, Keiko was shocked to see Mark leaned backward, completely topless for Taeil to have a better look at the wound.

"Kun said he'll be here in a few minutes, so you don't have to worry about Keiko for now."

Xiaojun let out a relieved sigh, stepping away from her as he placed a palm over his heart, "Thank God."

Keiko cocked a brow, glaring at him to which he only stuck out his tongue at her. Mark straightened up and stifled a laugh, "What were you saying again, Keiko? You have a bad aim? Like we would believe that."

The girl only pursed her lips, knowing that what she had just said was a lame excuse to not use a rifle. It was certainly against her will to kill someone who she barely knew about– even if the person had bad intentions or so.

The main reason why she kept bothering to ask Mark what was the fedora man's fault was to make sure that they weren't targeting an innocent. Maybe they weren't, maybe they were, but does that even matter anymore? She just killed someone, what was done is done.

She only wanted to gun so that the damage wouldn't be that bad, yes, she still had hurt someone– but again, this was now the mafia world she lived in. No one in the mafia should ever be someone who's weak and softhearted.

Those were their past, no longer were these men cared for someone else other than themselves. Or at least, that's what people see them as.

Not even responding to Mark's words, the door opens and Kun walks in wearing a full-on black as a lab coat was draped on his shoulders. He gave the girl a reassuring smile before approaching her, "Do you feel a bit nauseated? Or anything?"