The One With Daylight Savings Time (feat. guest star embroidery)

(Clockwork hates daylight saving time with a firey passion, because she has to take the clock out of her eye socket to reset it, then take hours putting it back in. She never used to bother with it, but after living in the mansion for a few months, people started begging her to reset it properly since they kept looking at it for the time and getting confused.)

"Clockyyyyyyy."

Clockwork didn't look up from her embroidery, "Yes, Toby?"

The brunet sighed heavily and kind of... liquified out of his chair, landing in a puddle on the floor, "Clocky, please," he begged. "It keeps throwing me for a loop."

Clockwork calmly tied off another stitch, "Then maybe you should stop looking at it."

Toby gave a cry of anguish, "But it's right there," he whinged. "Closer than anything else, please, Clocky?"

Clockwork sighed and set down her embroidery, scrutinizing the killer on the floor carefully, "You're helping me," she warned, and Toby immediately brightened.

"Yes!" He exclaimed, cracking his neck to the right. It didn't bother him, but Clockwork still winced. "Thank you thank you-"

"After I finish my embroidery."

And just like that, they were back at stage one.

"But it's gonna take you so looooong," Toby bemoaned, flopping back against his chair dramatically. He shot his girlfriend a pleading look, "Come on Clocky, please?"

Clockwork carefully pulled a stitch, "Replacing the clock is going to take me longer than my embroidery will," she said calmly, raising an eyebrow when Toby didn't respond. "Did I wear you down that easily?"

"No," Toby responded childishly. "I'm pouting."

Clockwork snorted, "Can you pout quietly?"

"No. I'm protesting."

"I thought you were pouting?"

"I can multitask."

Clockwork huffed a laugh, then set her embroidery aside for a moment before tugging Toby into the seat next to her. "Give me a minute to finish with this color, and then you can help me with my eye, alright?"

"Hell yes," Toby agreed wholeheartedly, twisting around in his seat to look at her. He was silent for a moment, then spoke: "Have you ever thought about letting BEN have at it? He could probably figure out a way to make it switch over automatically-"

"It will be a cold day in hell before I let BEN near my eye, Toby."

Toby hummed some sort of agreement, shifting around somewhat so his knees were against his chest. Clockwork raised an eyebrow at him, "Slender will kill you if you get mud on the upholstery."

Toby waved a hand, "I'm his favourite; he won't kill me."

"That kind of confidence is going to get you killed one day, you know."

Toby gave her a charming grin, "I've made it this far, haven't I?"

He craned his neck to look at her embroidery, "What'cha doing?"

Clockwork pulled a stitch, "Struggling, honestly," she muttered, flipping the hoop around to tug and pull at the threads where they'd gotten tangled. All she managed to do was tangle them further, and with a frustrated groan, she cast it aside.

Toby had been watching her carefully, "D'you- want me to take a stab at it?" He asked carefully, and Clockwork shrugged.

"If you want," she replied. "The hoop isn't mine, though, so be careful."