Chapter 26: Such an Ass (Archer)

The door closed and I groaned, wrapping my arms around my face.

"That was an interesting conversation." Saigon brought the box of desserts over to the table. "I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'm kind of excited." He sucked in his lips. "It's like we're playing house." He flashed me a cheesy grin.

"I just lost my mate, and my alpha and parents are a little too excited about mating me off to someone else."

"No offense, but Willow wasn't anyone's favorite person." He broke a cream stuffed pastry in half. "Excepted for you, I guess." He offered one side to me.

"Hmm... I don't like sweets."

Saigon scoffed. "Liar." He started eating the other half. "I've been around werewolves who hate sweets. They look repulsed the whole time I'm eating. You've been staring at this box for the last twenty minutes."

I picked at my slice of pizza.

"Look, I'm eating it," said Siagon. "I'm not going to judge you for liking it."

Picking up the dessert, I examined it. "What is it?"

"A cannoli. It's for an Italian place down the street. They're so good." He crunched into it.

I took a bite. It was wonderful. Pulling the box closer, I looked at the other items. I spotted something with chocolate drizzled over it and put it on my plate.

"Do you mean it?" ask Saigon.

"What?" I broke off a piece and tried it. So good. I hummed to myself.

"Us kind of dating?"

I licked my lips. "Come here."

He scooted closer. Grabbing his chin, I kissed him. Saigon sat there, wide-eyed. I smiled and went back to eating.

"So?" he breathed.

I shrugged. "Better than kissing Willow."

"Really?" He leaned closer. "But she's your mate."

"And she rarely ever wanted me to kiss her. She didn't want pups, so over the last two years, I could count how many times we had sex on one hand. She was never an affectionate person." I swiped my finger through some spilled cream as he frowned at me. "Don't look at me like that, you're making me feel weird."

Saigon simply grinned. "You can kiss me whenever you want. I'm up for it, and I'll love every single one." He clasped his hands on the table.

I licked my finger clean. "Alright then, I'm open to seeing where this goes. For some reason after Willow left, all I wanted to do was come here and see you. So she either left me so messed up that I'm desperate, or maybe we're meant for each other."

"We're meant for each other," Saigon stated.

"Hmm... how are you so sure?"

"Beta senses." He gave me a smirk. "It's complicated. Only a select few are chosen to hold such power."

I shoved his arm. "Don't be an ass." Clearing my throat, I swallowed hard. "I don't want to rush into anything. Being with a guy—" I shifted in my seat. "It still feels a little weird."

"I'm not going to drag you upstairs and ravish you, Archer." He looked at me, unimpressed.

"Like you could," I scoffed.

"I think you're underestimating the power of your future beta."

I laughed as he grinned at me. "You really are such an ass."

***

(Saigon)

"Archer is with you?" said my dad.