Chapter 23

Asher's POV

I sit on the wall outside the cafe smoking a cigarette which I really needed after my talk with Camila which was overall pointless. She doesn't understand and I don't think no one will, I will not be contacting Julia again after she threw me out of her dorm but before she does just that she tells me she loves me which is laughable and ridiculous.

Not a single word she spoke makes me to believe that she was telling the truth. My phone rings in my pocket, I pull it out seeing Cam's name across the screen and decline, I push it back into my pocket with a huff. I don't want another lecture, she's always trying to desperately look out for me or play mummy but it is all a load of bullshit.

Ty's loud bike gains my attention when he drives into the small parking lot and stops in front of me, he kicks the stand out and hops off the bike after pulling the key out and taking off his helmet, he rests it on the seat and turns to me "Hey man" He gives me a bro shake.

"Hey, i see you've resprayed her" I point to his once light blue motorcycle which is now a deep sea blue, sun is beaming off the front making it look lighter as the back holds shadows of deeper blue making it look as if it is black.

"Yeah yesterday, you should try get your license" he sits on the wall beside me as we admire his freshly painted bike.

I shrug in response, I've ridden motorcycles and quads a few times but I think I'm more of a car person if I am being honest. Maybe it's because I have a beautiful Nissan parked right beside his bike.

"Where's Ace man, he's never around anymore" he ruffles his dark brown hair and pushes the curls off his head.

I shrug again as the side of my upper lip rises, he's never around me anymore. He's either in the house, at class or just no where to he found. Sometimes I think it's because he's fucking loads of girls and is never home but now...he rarely talks about girls which is strange so it makes me think twice. The whole time of me knowing him he would talk about girls, every girl with a heartbeat. Thick girls, skinny girls..any girls in any shape and form you name it, of course I am like him with the girls but recently I haven't been. I can't be losing the game so I'll be jumping back into it.

Ty and I talk for a while, he did most of the talking as I sat and stared into space as I smoked. my head is all over the place right now and I'm just glad the tobacco helps my stress.

My phone rings again and I groan in frustration after i realise it's mum so I answer.

"Hey mum" I try sounding as happy as ever.

"Why aren't you at the hospital!?" She rushes out in a panic.

"What?" I say confused.

"Camila is in the hospital and I'm on my way, i am trying be as quick as I can and you are not there with her Asher. She must be scared on her own"

Camila is in the hospital..what?

"What!?" I stand up, "Why is she in the hospital!?" I take long strides to my car unlocking it, Ty looks confused but doesn't say a word and allows me to hurry off.

"I don't know, they called saying she was taking in an ambulance, where were you Asher! For Christ sake, I'm driving as fast as I can but I don't want to get pulled over, I'll see you at the hospital!" She hangs up.

I speed out the parking lot making my way to the nearest hospital, if anything has happened to my baby sister I will lose my fucking mind. She fucking called me and I declined, why did I fucking decline?
I'm such an asshole.

I make it to the hospital in exactly nine minutes and I park quickly before running to the reception.

"Hi my name is Asher Reeves, my sister Camila Reeves was rushed here!" I say out of breath leaning forward on the desk.