Chapter 88

Asher's POV

"Hi!", Julia says full of enthusiasm and jumps into my arms. 

"Hi baby", I kick the door closed and walk over to the couch with her in my arms, "How's your dad?" I ask. 

"He's great, he asked why you didn't come for Christmas" 

"Maybe I will next year when Cam and Ace know about us and I'm guessing your precious mom was glad that i didn't come?", her mother still hates me but I'm just glad he dad doesn't

She sighs running her green and gold fingernails through my hair, "Think I actually saw her smile when she noticed I was alone", she jokes. 

"I'm sure that's true", I huff. I hate that she doesn't like me because I want to try my best for Julia but at the same time I keep thinking if someone doesn't like me then fuck them. "Anyway, what did you get for Christmas?", My fingers circle on her hips. she's wearing this black skirt with black tights and of course black boots. 

"I got a new pair of earrings and other bits and bobs like candy, you?" 

"I got a watch from Ace and Cam. Ace got Cam a trip to Hawaii, you should have seen her face she was so shocked and they leave in April. I'm happy Ace treats her well If not I'll snap his neck even though he's my best friend" I snort out a laugh. 

"Me too, she seems so happy when I spoke to her on the phone" 

"Yeah i can see it on her face", I smile remembering my sister's smiling face all Christmas day. "Oh, Ethan and Laura invited us for a meal at their new apartment" 

"They invited me too?", her brows screw together with confusion. 

"Yeah, why wouldn't they? They know we're together"

She shrugs, I can see it on her face that she wants to tell me something but is afraid of what I'll say. "What is it?" I ask, coaxing her.

"When we hung out with them and Jack a few weeks ago I got a weird...vibe from Laura" 

"What kind of vibe?" 

"Just that...she doesn't like me or something", She shrugs and waves it off, "It's fine, I'm sure I'm overthinking" 

"You sure?"

"Yeah I'm sure, what time we going?", she questions climbing off my lap. 

"Around five", I tell her and follow her into the bathroom like a lost puppy. She laughs looking back as me as she stretches over to turn on the shower, I haven't seen her in like a week so I don't care If I look clingy right now. I sit on the toilet seat as she strips off her clothes and steps into the shower, pulling the curtain closed so I can't see her anymore. 

"When do you go back to work?", she asks above the loud water hitting the bathtub, the mirror beginning to cloud with the hot steam.

"Monday", I pick up the hand soap and read the back because I'm bored out my mind, "What time are you back?", I mumble.

"What?", she yell shouts. 

I pull the curtain back seeing her rinsing the shampoo from her hair with her eyes clamped shut, water running down her naked body making her look barely resistable. "When are you back to work?", I repeat and stand up beginning to pull off my clothes. 

"Mon-what you doing?", she asks squinting her eyes because of the water running down her face.

"Getting in, I need to shower too for dinner and it's quicker this way", I shrug and step in. She giggles shaking her head. "And it saves water", I smirk.