Chapter 61

Julia's POV

Settling into my dorm was stressful and I was so worried that I wouldn't make any friends since I got so lucky with Camila last year in my old campus. We spent the entire summer together, going to the pool, laughing, eating way too much and listening to music before going two weeks early ensuring I'm settled in a ready for my first classes of my new campus. My roommate is super sweet, she reminds me of Caroline from The Vampire Diaries, her slick blonde golden hair falls over her shoulders and she's naturally pretty and needs zero makeup with her porcelain tanned skin, I envy her because her body is thin and tall like a model. Her name is Angel which I love, she really lives up to that name with how beautiful she is. A freckle is on the tip of her button nose which she hates but it's adorable. She's so happy all the time which I use to be like until you know who.

She's always thinking of others before herself, she's recently out a long term relationship of five years. It's outrageous, five years! Asher barely wanted to make it five months. Always breaking up and holding back every feeling he has for me, he was terrified to admit it but he needs to find himself and I need to focus on my studies. I don't blame him in any type of way with what happened but I do at the same time, well for certain things.

I was beyond shocked when getting accepted into NYU and transferring over to my second year, my parents had no problem spitting out the cash since it was for my studies. I was scared about beginning classes Incase I couldn't wrap my head around all the work and I wasn't smart enough but so far I've kept on track with everything and I'm working my ass off with no distractions this time.

I couldn't not get a job while being here because other wise I'll go crazy, I found a small bookstore just off campus which has encouraged me to begin reading, my coworker has suggested a few books to me. She went on and on, in detail may I add about each book she told me about. I've begun reading Twilight because I loved the movies, I read a little bit every night before bed and I'm loving it so far.

"Hi" Angel squeaks bouncing into the room and flopping into the bed.

"Hi!" I smile her way dropping my phone into my chest trying to act like I wasn't lurking on Asher's social media but I can't help myself. He doesn't post much so it's the same thing I've been seeing for the past five months, one day I think I'll check and it will say he's in a relationship and I know it will cause my heart to sink into my chest.

"It's almost six if you want to head to the diner?" She asks.

"Yeah, I'm craving their chicken burgers" I gush swinging my legs off the bed.

"After can you help me fix that broken shelf in the wardrobe, I've got stuff to fix it but I'm hungry right now"

"Of course" I nod, that thing has been needing fixed for a mouth. She threw her boot off the wardrobe door in frustration after having an argument with her ex boyfriend when I was in class and with that it collapsed, the screw must've been loose.

I pull my black boots on and pick a piece of fluff off my jet black jeans as I wait for her to make sure she has everything. We walk to the diner just off campus rambling off about different book, movies and gossip which I've become new too. This is her second year in the school so she knows it well and knows all the gossip.

When we sit down in the booth she leans forward on her elbows as she scans the menu quickly, she likes trying different things each time while I like having the same chicken burger because it's delicious.

"I think I might go for...the honey dipped chicken and seasoned fries" she clicks her tongue a few time in a row, "and a chocolate shake" she smiles placing the laminated menu down.