Chapter 76

Julia's POV

The roasting hot sun hitting my back feels amazing as I lay on my stomach on the lounger by the community with Camila by my side. It's been months since Glen and I broke up and I'm glad we did, he made me feel so little about myself and I realised I shouldn't force myself to love someone. I've had multiple dates since Glen and none has worked out or felt right.

Christmas was good which lifted my saddened spirit, for once my mother was actually trying to joke and be happy which isn't like her judgemental self. My father was full of smiles due to being promoted and I'm so proud of him, he joked, smiled and we all got drunk on eggnog which I was filled with regret the next day but it was the best day/night I've had in five years. It felt amazing to be around my family, I missed them so much and I'm so thankful that they pushed me to finish college and get an amazing job so I'm financially stable. 

Camila invited me over for a week this summer, she recently got back together with Ace before Christmas and I've never see her so happy. She's now patiently waiting for him to come back from tour and she tells me all stories when they facetime and she's told me some juicy stories, unfortunately I don't have any juicy or steamy stories to tell her. I'd be lying if i said I wasn't jealous of her being in a loving relationship but I'm also so happy for her and I'm unbelievably proud at how far she has come. 

I hear laughter and the scream of joy from Henry, I lean on my elbows with a sigh as I watch Asher play with Henry in the warm pool. He hasn't even been fazed by my presence, I don't expect him to act like before when we were in New York but..at least, I don't know..we could be friendly, not having to worry about what we could have been. I wish I didn't leave and wasn't scared of being heart broken again...It's my own fault, really.

When Asher glances at me like he can feel my eyes on him  I quickly look away towards Cam who is smirking at me. "I had a date a few nights before I came here", I say sparking conversation. 

"Oh yeah? How did it go?", She sits up leaning back against the lounger. The sun glistening against her porcelain skin, she looks amazing even when the sun is roasting hot causing her to sweat. 

"Meh...", I shrug, "It was good until I found out he has a daughter, she's only one"

"What's wrong with that?", She questions as if It's not a valid reason. 

I pull my sunglasses down that were resting on the top of my head before answering, "I don't want to be with someone that already has kids, I know it's stupid but I don't want to be a stepmom and what if his ex hates it or they still have deep feelings for eachother, It's only been a year, I don't want to ruin a potential family"

"I get that"

"I feel like I'm constantly going on dates and It's going nowhere, maybe I should just stop and let them come to me" 

"That's because you always find something wrong with them", she says raising her brow. 

"I do not!"

"He takes mirror selfies isn't a valid reason nor is that he doesn't like chocolate"

"Who doesn't like chocolate!?", I defend, "I don't care what you say, that is a valid reason" 

She rolls her eyes, "Maye you find all these things wrong with them because you only have eyes for one guy"

"Who?" 

"Him", I follow to where her hand is pointing, Asher still play with Henry as they both laugh at Asher throwing Henry up and into the water.

I scoff, "Yeah, okay!", I say sarcastically saying as if it weren't true.