Chapter 50

Asher's POV

Asher's POV

"How have you been?"

"Uhm..good yeah...really good" I lie and realise I'm staring at her eyes deeply like a creep, I feel like I shouldn't be talking to her even though I'm no longer with Julia.

"Doesn't sound convincing" she lets out a small laugh before sitting on the edge of the sidewalk and taps the stone sidewalk for me to sit down beside her, "Talk to me like good old times?" she gives me that smile she use too.

I sit down beside her and rip my eyes away from her big green ones, the streetlights turn on shining down on us lighting up the now dark streets.

"Is it your dad again?" She asks.

I nod slightly and look back at her, she tilts her head with sympathy circling her dilated orbs.

"Is he still the same?" She crosses one leg over the other.

I sigh, "Yeah sometimes I think he's maybe worse, I never see him but when I do it's horrible...the life is slowly being sucked from me.." I sound so fucking depressing.

"Did you tell your mom about what he did?"

I nod, "Yeah i did, it was horrible but I couldn't hold it back anymore. They're divorced now"

"That's good, just remember you saved your mom from being with someone that didn't respect and appreciate her, she deserves someone better"

"Yeah I guess" I look across the road to a woman walking past with her golden retriever, "Graduated from smart school yet?" I chuckle and place my hands flat against the concrete as I lean back.

"It's not smart school..." she rolls her eyes, "It's Harvard and no, I have another two years"

"Yeah but you're a geek for math or whatever" I tease.

"It's science but technically yes" humour in her eyes as she nudges me with her elbow, "What about you, how's college?"

I shrug with a grin, "Wouldn't know, I got kicked out around a month ago" I wish I didn't but...It's my own fault.

"Why?" She raises a brow almost like she's ready to tell me off for any bad behaviour, she would always tell me off like she was my mother.

"Fights, didn't go to class and bad attitude towards staff or whatever" I shrug like it's nothing.

"You're still getting into fights?"