Chapter 57

Asher's POV

Asher's POV

After ten minutes of hugging her I glance at the door realising we're alone, she still sat on my lap and it's like a breath of fresh air, it's like I can finally breathe again. My head no longer deep under water.

I pull my head out from the crook of her neck again, she doesn't say anything but I know her head is swirling in so many questions to ask, so many things on her mind.

I cup her cheeks running my thumb gently along her cheekbone, she exhales a breath leaning her head more into my hand, her eyes slowly close as she feels my gentle touch.

"You're so beautiful" my voice deep and croaky from my recent cries, I can stare at her all day long.

Her eyes flicker open with a smile fighting its way onto her soft plump lips, when I begin to move closer to her in a daydream of my lips on hers she leans back holding my hand on her cheek.

"Asher, I can't"

It's like my heart sunk, I nod leaning back against the couch holding one hand on her hip. I don't want her leaving my lap.

"I'm sorry...really fucking sorry" I can feel my tears ready to take over again, what is wrong with me?

"I know" she nods, eyes of sympathy, "Tell me what happened?" Her hands caressing my hand resting on her cheek.

"I couldn't take it anymore" I feel my vision blur at the thought of everything that has happened to me. It's like a switch flipped and I could no longer hold anything back, I've been holding everything back my entire life acting as if I have a heart of stone...but I don't.

"Couldn't take what?" He voice soothing, calming my aching chest.

"My dads harsh words, my thoughts, losing you...Ace and Camila being in love"

Her eyes so sad peering into my eyes, she feels sorry for the pathetic, lonely boy sat in front of her.

"I'm sorry" my voice cracks as I bite back the sobs ready to come again.

"For what?"

"Everything I did to you, the disgusting words, the disrespect towards you...I'm so fucking sorry for it all. I can't believe I lost you because i believed my fathers words, purposely doing everything wrong to live up to his expectations of me was so fucking stupid but my mind was set on being alone for life, i didn't want to hurt you and I hate that I did. I'll make it up to you Jules, i promise. Please give me one more chance, I'll change and treat you the way you deserve to be treated...I really like you so much...please give me another chance" I pour my heart out hoping she'll take the sad boy back.