Chapter 55

Walking back from the cafe where I did the switch and made some money, Ty invited me back to his apartment but I didn't want to go. The smell is horrible and it's boring, I want to self loathe about all the shit things I purposely do because it seems to be second nature to me. No matter how I feel or no matter what I desperately want to say, I say the opposite.

I so badly wanted to flop to my knees begging for Julia's forgiveness a few weeks ago at that party. When I found out she's leaving because of me it stung like hell. I know I couldn't beg after all the stupid shit I've done and said to her so I did what I do best and insulted her again. I hate hurting her so I don't know why I do it, I know why...it's because I'm so fucking in love with her that I refused to believe it before. So fucking in love with her that it hurts thinking about her with someone else. So fucking in love with her that I know I fucked up and she deserves someone that treats her right. I can't be jealous over someone that will treat her the way I couldn't.

A no caller ID rings through my phone, who the fuck is calling me.

"Hey?"

"Asher!" I hear his Scottish masculine accent.

"What do you want?"

"You're mother said she couldn't find my watch and my whiskey I left at home, you better pay me back in cash"

Huh?

"What watch?" I will admit I drunk the whiskey but I didn't take no damn watch.

"Don't play fucking dumb, you're the only person that would steal!" His voice full of anger and hatred.

"Why would I steal your watch?" I remain calm trying not to let the accusation get to me, I should honestly be use to it now.

"For your fucking drugs, it was passed down generations and I kept it in the office. I know you took it!"

"Why would I take a fucking shitty watch, I don't need the fucking money, especially not yours!"

"You owe me the money Asher, who else would fucking take it!"

"I don't fucking know! You probably have it" it's funny that I'm the first one he suspects and not Camila, she's no saint. She's done loads of shit that I had taken the blame for and later in the night got the beaten I deserved.

"I don't have it!"

"Your slutty girlfriend probably took it!"

"Get me the money Ash or give it back!" He hisses. I don't know why he would even need the money it's not like he doesn't have good money coming in from his job.

"Good luck waiting" I hang up.

I'm trying not to let his words get to me but I hate to admit that every encounter I have with him they affect me more and more each time. Each accusation, each hateful word, each forceful fist connecting to my body. I was finally glad having him out my mind and only having Julia there, now it's clouded with my worries about my father and my love for Jules that I so badly fucked up.

I grit my teeth holding back my emotions as every hit, hurtful word and accusation flashes through my head.

You pathetic fucking waste.