Chapter 59

Asher's POV

I've waken up early to pick my grandparents up at the airport, I finally got to sleep late after all the shit that happened but it was an awful sleep. I would wake up after what felt like every five minutes and then I gave up and decided to go downstairs to make cereal.

"Here, this is for you" mum walks in holding a piece of paper with my name written in bold. She holds her robe flush to her body as she yawns turning on the coffee maker.

When I open it i notice who it's from, I glance up at mum. She's rubbing her eyes still half asleep, I know if she knew who this was from she wouldn't have given it to me.

Ash, you're worthless to me so I'm taking you to court and having you erased from my life. I'm sick to call you my child and we think it's best. I don't need my watch back so I hope you enjoyed the money you received from it.
-Ken

I place the paper down and continue to eat my cereal acting nonchalant. I wonder if the 'we' is referring to Skye, there are misspelled words in the letter which makes me wonder if he was drunk writing it. I have no idea what I've done to deserve a father like him but I guess it's punishment in some type of way. I'm trying to act like this doesn't hurt, it shouldn't because of all the shit he's put me through but it does...i literally won't even have a dad.

Mum pours herself coffee and leans against the counter facing me, "You okay sweetie?" The dark bags clear under her eyes.

I nod pushing out a smile and forcing the last spoonful of cereal down, I feel sick now..like nervous, upsetting sick. I take a deep breath shaking my head and push the stool back as I stand up.

"I'm going to shower and then I'll leave to pick up Gramps and Grams" I tell her picking up the letter before walking back upstairs to have a shower. I have a quick shower, brush my teeth and throw clean clothes on that my mother washed. I ripped the letter into tiny pieces throwing it into the trash before grabbing my keys from the rack and heading to the airport.

"Hey Grams" I give her a hug when she arrives at the pickup, she gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"You've grown so much!" She gushes kissing my cheek again and turning her head towards Gramps, they've been married years yet look at each other as if it's the first time.

"Hi Gramps"

"Hello" he smiles pulling me in for a hug, "You're massive now!" He pats my shoulder.

I put the bags into the truck as they climb into the car. My Grams does most of the talking as Gramps falls asleep on and off in the back seat.

"So, any lucky ladies I might meet this visit?" She smiles.

I shake my head, "I'm afraid not Grams" 

"Why not?"

"Some things just don't work out" I shrug knowing it didn't work out because of me.

"Oh, I'm sorry sweetheart" she pouts.

Thankfully she changed the subject and didn't speak of Ken once, she never liked him so that's probably why, when helping them in with their bags i head straight upstairs wanting to be alone after last night and this morning, it keeps getting worse for me and I'm not doing it purposely now.

*

The Xbox controller resting on my lap as I flick through Julia's social media's, its pathetic but I can't help but lurk like a weirdo, I'm having a break from the Xbox which has helped keeping my mind of things. I smoked a cigarette ten minutes ago and it helped with the stress and sickly feeling.