Chapter 54

Asher's POV

These past few weeks have been horrible but could be worse I guess. What happened to Cam still affects her but I know she's trying her best to forget it and be the strong person she is. I'm proud of her, proud of her for showing Ace and I just how strong she is and I'm so proud of her for sticking college out and actually do the work.

Callum from Scotland is visiting us, he's mostly friends with Camila but he's alright I guess. When we would visit family in Glasgow he was the person we hung out with and I've been hanging out with him all day as Cam was in class.

I've been doing a number of things to take my mind off Julia, I know it's my fault and I know I say stupid things out of impulse. It may not be great sleeping with random girls again and it's so fucking wrong that I picture Julia while having sex with other girls. It's not the same and never will be but it helps for the time being. It is my fault that I fucked up with her so bad and I know it is, I'm just glad I broke her heart now rather than later.

Aiden invited us all to his birthday party, I'm guessing Julia will be there since she's like best friends with the kid. I'm only going because I don't like Cam going to parties alone ever since what happened the two times. I won't be drinking because if I do I will do something stupid and I don't want that, I'll just keep my distance from Jules and it should be fine. I probably won't even see her, hoping I don't.

"Happy birthday!" Camila squeals and gives Aiden a hug. Pretty sure it was his birthday yesterday but whatever. The music is playing lowly so we can have a conversation easily, thank god for that.

"Thanks" he chuckles letting go of Cam.

"Is Julia here?" Cam asks as we all follow him into the kitchen.

"Not yet" he smiles and glances towards me, I look away knowing he's calling me names in his head for the way I've treated her. Yes I deserve it but I hate him and would easily hit him for just looking at me that way.

"Here" Cam hands him the birthday gift she got him.

"Thanks" he says and gestures for us to follow him through to the kitchen.

"Wow, this is great!" Cam heads straight to the alcohol pouring herself some vodka and lemonade.

"Sorry..." Cam turns to us all, "Aiden this is Callum, Callum, Aiden" Cam introduces them. I pretty much zone out staring at the marble counter and leaning back. This is going to be a long night without drinking, I maybe shouldn't have agreed to be the designated driver but I know if I was to drink alcohol when Julia is around I'll say something I don't mean again or try hit on her, she probably won't want that.

"You guys want anything?" Cam asks me and Callum.

"I'm not drinking, I'm the driver..remember" I sternly say, I'm already in a bad mood from being here. I need to snap out of that shit and have a cigarette or better, a joint.

"Yeah" Callum smiles and Camila rips her eyes away from mine, she can sense my attitude and I think she's ready to tell me off. I glance at Ace as he drinks whatever he has in that red cup, his eyes narrow at me silently asking if I'm good, I nod.

We all head into the living room where the music is, Ace and I debating about new updates for the modern warfare game, it's pretty shit right now and every time they update the lag is worse and eventually the servers go down for like a day. He says it's the best call of duty by far but MW2 was the best along with black ops 2.

Julia arrived a while ago when standing in the kitchen, I avoided eye contact at all costs because if I look at her I know I'll want to drop to my knees begging for forgiveness which I don't deserve. She still had power over me and it's been months.