Chapter 64

Asher's POV

"I can't believe I allowed you both to drag me to this" I huff. 

In the cab ride here Jack downed a beer and three before we left, was funny to watch but i'm actually glad my days of drinking are over. All the reckless shit i did when drunk, random girls, drugs..makes me feel sick now just thinking about all the girls i've been with and now I only want to be with one and i ruined that, ruined it a long time ago.

"Stop whining" Ethan pats my shoulder, he's like an older brother i've never had.

"Hello boys" Jack says to his group of friends in a high pitched tone. 

They all greet him and one of them gives him a hug, "Happy Birthday buddy" Jack says before turning to Ethan and I. 

"This is my coworker Ash and his neighbor/friend Ethan" 

Ethan and i sit down after saying "Hello", There is about seven guys here including us so it isn't too bad.

"You want a drink, I'm going up there" One of the guys with curly blonde hair asks me.

"No, I don't drink" 

"Okay, you want a soda?" He asks, not questioning why i don't drink...thank god.

"I'll just take a coke, cheers", Ethan asks for a coke too.

"What's on the agenda tonight?" Jack says rubbing his hands together talking to the birthday boy with jet black hair.

"Get drunk and go to a few different bars" He shrugs. The guy comes back with our cokes before heading back to the bar for a tray of twenty one shots. 

"Sounds good" Jack picks up a shot like the rest of them do. 

Ethan leans into me a whispers, "Laura is taking us home tonight so just say when and i'll call her" 

I nod and focus my attention back on the guys downing their second shot, "Why couldn't we go to a bar in Brooklyn?" 

He shrugs, "My man here..." Jack points at me with the third shot glass in his hand.

"Goes to the City College of New York and is juggling work on top of that, he's funny as fuck" He hypes me up.

"Isn't that a long way from Brooklyn?" The birthday boy asks, I think his name is Gordon. 

"Yeah, i'm taking public transport until i get my car" 

"He got into NYU" Jack says downing the last shot.

"Wow, why didn't you go there? isn't it closer?"

I shrug, "I just couldn't afford it so i picked the cheapest college. I don't mind about the distance, i just want the degree"

He nods in understanding, "I go to NYU, i don't really think it matters where you go. What's your major?" 

I look around the table, Ethan is talking to the other guys about their girlfriends and Gordon, Jack and I are having our own conversation, "Engineering, What's yours?" 

"I'm studying Astronomy" He half smiles. 

"Stars and shit?" I chuckle.

"Yeah" He chuckles back.

"Jack, go up and get a few drinks" The guy with black hair stretches over the table giving him a card.

"I'll get it, What kind of drinks?" I'm at the end of the table so it makes sense for me to get instead of Jack sliding past me.

"Okay, get anything. Beers or something" He shrugs handing me the card.

"I'll take a vodka and lemonade" Jack says.