Chapter 65

Asher's POV

The sound of the buzzing surrounds my ears, i feel a nip on my forearm and look down to where she begins to ink my skin. "Does this tattoo have meaning?" the female covered in tattoos asks me.

I nod meeting her eyes for a second, "Means..." I sigh, "It means I survived...from everything in my entire life and I'm trying to be better now" 

It's been two days since i left Texas where my court date was held, I couldn't even look at him as he stood smugly knowing I will no longer be entitled to the money after he dies or the fact that I am no longer his child. I made it through the whole day without shedding a tear as my mother stood by my side. I had to listen to all the false things he said about me such as I'm a terrible son and have done awful things to him like steal from his pocket or called him every name under the sun. He even had evidence of bruises i returned after he would attack me with punches first, of course I didn't have evidence of awful call naming or any mark on my body that he created throughout the years. It's like he purposely didn't leave a permanent mark.  I honestly thought it would never come to this. The court had taken his side due to him having fake evidence which my lawyer couldn't get the evidence of them being fake. It didn't help that a heavily pregnant Skye was by his side saying all his lies were true, my mother's voice didn't seem to matter to the guy sitting with the silly wig because he has sympathy for Ken. Camila wanted to be there to support me which i'm thankful for but i told her to stay at the facility, i just want her to get better. 

After seeing Julia two weeks ago i've never seen her again, I've avoided that place ever since. She's still on my mind but I don't think she'll ever go. I wish she was there at court with me because If she was there I wouldn't have cried myself to sleep pathetically, which i held back the entire day. I guess the good news is that I've not thought about alcohol or marijuana. I'm still smoking cigarettes but not as much, so that's good..i guess, it helps with the tremble in my hands. Now I seem to be eating more that I've cut down on cigarettes that much but I don't mind. 

College is good, I've been working hard and I'm really determined to get this degree. Ethan and Jack have been hanging around my place alot, we mostly just chill out and sometimes Ethan will quiz me on things while he looks at my textbook, It's funny how much he drives me to succeed. Work has been tiring with college on top of it but I'm okay with it, I don't mind staying busy and I know if i don't keep busy..I'll probably cry more and I've been so tired lately, when i hit the pillow i pass out.

"Do you mind if i asked what you survived?" Her tone soft as her eyes are focused on her work. 

I shake my head, "Uhm...abuse, being sober, just..being broken in general. I survived everything I didn't think I would but i did and now I'm official free from all that heartache" My heart still aches because i'm missing a piece but I feel a weight off my shoulders after that court case so i guess Ken did me a favour. 

"Good for you, Is it a woman you want to be good for?" 

"Yeah" Ethan says staring at the pictures of tattoos on the wall, my head snaps to him and he looks at me realising he answered for me, "Oops, sorry" He smirks and goes back to looking at the tattoos on the wall. 

"I guess but I know it won't make a difference to her" 

"How come?" 

"She's with someone else.." I can feel the missing piece ache in my chest. 

"Did she cheat?" Her jade eyes peer up to me before looking at the printed photo beside her. 

"No, I just fucked it up and she found someone else so the jokes on me" I force out a laugh.