Chapter 38

Asher's POV

I lay in bed with all my thoughts containing the dinner with Ace's family tonight, it was strange and the atmosphere was horrible with sad emotions of their lost brother and Lillian's son. I thought it was strange that Cam would be the one to talk to Ace when he's my best friend and I know him more, the only explanation is that it's a woman's instinct. I keep thinking stupid things, that couldn't possible be happening because he's my best friend and has been my entire life, he thinks of Cam is a little sister...right?

I huff when my phone vibrates on the bed beside me, when I see Julia's name I scowl. I'm still in a mood with her.

"What?" I answer with a sour tone.

"Don't speak to me like that, I know you're in a mood with me for kicking you out but..." I cut her off.

"That's not why" she honestly thinks I'd be mad if she kicked me out, yes...I would be actually.

"Then...why are you angry with me?"

"You're embarrassed of me Jules"

"What!?" She raises her voice, I can tell she is sat up on her bed in shock ready to have a serious conversation. I don't know why because it's true, "I'm not embarrassed by you, why would you think that?" She continues in a harsh tone like she's ready to shut it down quickly.

"Yes you are, why else would you practically throw me out the room so your parents don't find out about me"

Not that I care what they think.

"They don't want me having a boyfriend, they want me focusing on my studies. It's nothing to do with you and I'm definitely not embarrassed by you"

I snort out a laugh thinking it's absolutely bullshit, "You got me in trouble, I had to say you were Nelly's boyfriend coming by to look for her"

"You actually think I would believe that bullshit" I sit up feeling the burn of anger curse through my veins, this shouldn't bother me at all but it does and it..it hurts.

"I'm not lying Asher, why would you even think I was embarrassed by you?"

I gulp as my teeth grit together slowly, "Because everyone is"

"You mean your dad?"

"So what it doesn't mean you aren't"

"I'm not! It hurts me that you would think that. I would never be embarrassed by you, I love you Asher and I would love to show you off but..I can't, if my parents know I'm in a relationship and having sex they would disown me"

"Did they disown you for the guy you sucked off at school in the bathrooms?" Bitterness rolling off my tongue.

"What did you just say?"

"You heard"

"Where did you hear that?"

"Doesn't matter"

She hasn't denied it.

"You're an asshole, do you know that. I'm trying to talk to you and you're throwing a rumour in my face"

"Haven't denied it though have you?"

"What so you believe a rumour now? I rumour that started because I wouldn't sleep with him"

"You slept with your best friend though, maybe you lied about other sexual experiences"

"I felt comfortable with him that's why I slept with him, don't act like an asshole because you think I'm lying when I'm not, you know I'm terrible at lying and I would never lie to you about being embarrassed by you, I would never feel embarrassed by you, never!" She raises her voice near the end, I can hear her voice become shaky as she continues, "I can't believe you would say that to me, do you think I'm some easy girl that has slept with half of her school back home?"

"No!" I would never think of her like that, I'm not even sure why I brought up the rumour because I don't care for anyone she's been with before me.

"I'm gonna go" her voice quiet, I hear a little sniffle and my heart sinks.

"No don't go, I'm sorry baby okay?"

"You just hurt my feelings and I would like to be alone" her voice cracks from holding in her tears.

"Jules I'm..." she hangs up.

Well that fucking backfired, I didn't mean to make her upset i was just pissed off because of what happened with her parents.

I try calling her but she declines my call, I call again but she does the same. It's irritating that she won't talk to me and now I know how it feels to be on her end when I was ignoring her, it sucks.

"What the fuck!" I hear down the hall, at first I think I'm hearing things but then I hear his voice again...Ace's voice.

"Camila, I swear to fucking god!"

I jump out of bed and swing my door open, mum is wrapping a nightgown around her body storming to Cam's room, I follow behind her wondering what the fuck is going on.

"What's going on!?" Mum storms into her room, my eyes immediately falling onto Ace.

Why the fuck is he in her room this late at night?

"What are you doing here!?" I look between Ace and my little sister.

Ace glances at Cam with his chest heaving up and down with anger, what the fuck is happening. I can't seem to take my eyes away from Ace as I wait for an explanation. Why is he angry?

"I ugh..came here..for..whatever man, I need to go" Ace walks by me and leaves the room.

"What's wrong?" Mum asks Cam full of worry, she pulls a smile like she's fine.

"Nothing" she shakes her head holding the smile on her face.

"You sure, hunny?"

She nods again, "Okay, go back to sleep" she places a kiss on her forehead before leaving.

I stand still looking at Cam trying to figure her out, "Nothing huh?" I say.

"Nothing" she smiles again.

I don't believe that for a second, something is going on and it's not what I think it is, or maybe it is. I turn and leave heading back to my room in utter confusion. Why would he be here and in Cam's room of all places, are they hiding something from me?

I put my phone back on charge and lay in my bed with my head swirling in thought before sleep eventually takes over me.

________________________

Please vote, comment and follow☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕