Year 3 - 24

Cassiopeia was rushing to her Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson, after being in the Muggle Studies lesson at the same time. She rushed with Hermione by her side, as the pair often went back in time together as the other had to do the same thing anyway, so why not do it together. As they got to the lesson, they noticed that it was Professor Snape teaching the lesson instead.

"Turn to page 394." He said to the class. The class did as asked. Professor Snape was making his way to the back of the class, when he was stopped by Harry's voice.

"Excuse me, Sir? Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asked.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice to say your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page 394." Professor Snape explained. He then saw that Ron was flicking to the page slowly, so he used his wand to make it go to the correct page. He read the title.

"Werewolves?" Ron asked.

"But, Sir, we've just learned about Red caps and Hunkypunks." Hermione said from her place besides Harry.

"We're not supposed to start nocturnal beasts for weeks, Sir." Cassiopeia added from her place besides Draco, looking to her Godfather trying to see his motive. He looked to the pair.

"Quiet." Professor Snape said, he looked to Cassiopeia for a moment longer showing that he had a reason. She nodded discretely.

"When did she come in? Did you see her come in?" Ron asked Harry about Hermione, while Amelia asked practically the same thing to the Slytherin friends about Cassiopeia. The recipients all shook their heads.

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a Werewolf?" Professor Snape asked, walking to the front of the classroom after turning on the projector. Not surprisingly, Hermione's hand and Cassiopeia's hand went up into the air. But also, Amelia's, Theodore's and Blaise's. Cassiopeia looked to them in shock.

"What? You taught us something." Blaise whispered with a small wink.

"No one?" Professor Snape said, but then he turned and looked in shock and the hands from the Slytherin side. "Ms Reid?"

"An Animagus is a wizard who chooses to turn into an animal. A Werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, he transforms and he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path." Cassiopeia rambled.

"Furthermore, a Werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind." Hermione added at the end. Draco then let out a 'Werewolf call' making the Slytherins laugh.

"Thank you, Mr Malfoy. That is the second time you've spoken out of turn, Ms Granger, are you incapable of restraining yourself or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all? 5 points from Gryffindor. 10 points for Slytherin, Ms Reid." Professor Snape harshly replied. The Gryffindors sighed, and then Slytherins were happy. "As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk by Monday morning, two rolls of parchment on the Werewolf on particular emphasis on recognising it." Everyone groaned.

"But, sir. It's Quidditch tomorrow." Harry protested.

"Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you." Professor Snape replied. Cassiopeia actually sniggered, which she covered up with a cough. Professor Snape looked over to her with a small smirk. He then started teaching. Once the class was finished, everyone left to go to their common rooms, except Cassiopeia. She stood waiting in the room.

"I'll catch up." She told her friends. They nodded and left the room. Professor Snape then turned to her.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Professor Lupin, he's a werewolf, right?" She asked him. He didn't hide his shock.

"How did you figure that out so quickly?" He asked her.

"Just the little things." She replied with a shrug. "Well, thank you. I just thought I'd check, since I guessed a while ago. See you later."

"Bye." He replied, and she walked out the classroom. The Professor watching her leave in shock and pride.

-----***-----

Thanks for reading

-Zoe