Year 4 - 7

The group climbed out the carriage and made their way towards Hogwarts. As they arrived, they noticed that there was a massive crowd by the courtyard. Once they got there, they saw that there was a large magnificent carriage being pulled by seven beautiful white winged horses. Then there was an echo from the lake, and then there was the sight of a large ship coming up from under the water. It came out of the water and the large sails extended on the boat. Everyone clapped, and then listened to the teachers as they told everyone to go to the Great Hall.

Everyone sat down on their house tables and got comfortable. Then Professor McGonagall brought in the sorting hat in, along with a stall, and placed them by the teachers table. She then nodded to Professor Dumbledore and he returned the nod. With that she went to the doors of the Great Hall to bring the new students in. As they walked in, Cassiopeia smiled as she saw that Bridgit was with some friends. Cassiopeia smiled to Draco, and then waved to Bridgit when she looked over. Cassiopeia watched the sorting with little interest until the name she was waiting for was called.

"BRIDGIT ROSIER!" Professor McGonagall called. Cassiopeia grabbed Draco's hand in worry as she watched her cousin sit on the stall and have the hat placed upon her head. It seemed like forever, but in reality, it was only a few moments until the hat called out the chosen house. "RAVENCLAW!". The Ravenclaw table cheered along with Cassiopeia and her friends at the Slytherin table. Bridgit sent a smile towards her cousin and then made her way to the Ravenclaw table. They settled down and then the sorting continued until all the First Years had been sorted. Once everyone was seated, Professor Dumbledore stood up to address everyone.

"Right, now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen-" Professor Dumbledore started his speech, but he was interrupted by Mr Filch running embarrassingly down the middle of the hall up to him. The caretaker said something to the headmaster, and then after hearing the response, he ran back through the middle towards the double doors. Dumbledore straightened up and continued where he left off. "So, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament. Now, for those of you who don't know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now, let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more on that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madame Maxime." The doors to the Great Hall opened and everyone's attention turned to it. In walked many girls dressed in a blue silk uniform enter the hall. They walk slowly for the first few steps until they break into a delicate run. They stop just before the ends of the house tables and conjure some butterflies. They then run to the front and stand in a line, while they watch their headmistress come down the middle of the hall. She was definitely related to giants somewhere in her ancestry as she was taller than Hagrid.

"Blimey, that's one big woman." Seamus commented from the Gryffindor table. Another younger girl came down the path in front of the headmistress doing some gymnastics and then once they all got to the front, they all bowed. Everyone clapped, but all the boys were extra vigorous in their cheering. Cassiopeia hesitantly looked over to see if Draco was taken by their looks as well, but to her surprise he was already looking at her. She blushed.

"I've only got eyes for you." He told her, giving her a kiss on the side of her forehead. She smiled. Professor Dumbledore made his way to Madame Maxime and greeted her with a kiss on the hand, and then he made his way back to the front and made the hall quieten while the Beauxbaton students went to the Ravenclaw table.

"And now our friends of the North. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high-master Igor Karkaroff." Professor Dumbledore announced and the doors to the great hall opened again. In walked many young men. They banged their staffs on the floor in a rhythm. They stopped in the middle of the great hall for a moment and they twirled their staffs around and then they all knelt and then ran forward. One did some flips as they went, and he blew a phoenix out of fire as the headmaster entered the hall with the final student- Viktor Krum. Professor Dumbledore came forth to greet Igor Karkaroff. They greeted in an embrace while the Durmstrang students went to the Slytherin table. Draco looked to Cassiopeia, hoping to not see her looking at the Durmstrang boys, but to his disappointment, she was.