-2- Just a dream?

-2- Just a dream?

When Zhan woke up in the morning, still with a headache and still completely beside himself, he had seventeen new messages on his cell phone from his two friends, because they wanted to know why he just disappeared.

Zhan called Bai Shu and told him, "I got a headache and wanted to go home. I didn't want to bother you, because I saw you dancing with women at that moment." Then Zhan thought about telling him about the strangers.

"So? I saw you dancing with a weird guy, who suddenly started screaming around and asking how the hell he got into the nightclub! What was wrong with him? Why did you dance with him?" Bai Shu asked.

"What do you mean, weird guy? There was this handsome guy, he just pulled me onto the dance floor. He even kissed me!" Zhan replied hastily.

"Handsome? Do you need glasses? The guy was totally ugly. Especially this wart on his nose. The old glasses with the thick lenses and the pants that were way too short." Bai Shu explained.

Zhan shook his head. He danced with this handsome guy, not the ugly guy Bai Shu described. Zhan had been drinking, but not so much that he was completely mentally deranged and couldn't see who he was dancing with.

"It can't be. The guy I was dancing with was almost as tall as me. A little broader than me. Beautiful almond-shaped eyes and no glasses. A narrow face, fair skin and full pink lips. His hair is a little longer than mine and he dyed it lighter and with a few lighter strands. He was also wearing tight black jeans and a white shirt." Explained Zhan.

"What? That wasn't the guy. The only one you danced with, was that freak who suddenly started screaming loudly, wanting to know who kidnapped him from the supermarket and took him to the nightclub." Bai Shu replied.

Zhan got goose bumps. Had he really made such a mistake? Had someone perhaps put drugs in his drink when he was careless for a moment? And how come the guy didn't know how to come to the nightclub? And since when do the doormen even let someone like that into the nightclub?

All day long, Zhan just couldn't stop thinking about it. Why did he see a handsome guy when he wasn't really handsome? And why did he like the kiss? Why did his heart beat faster when he thought about the stranger and the kiss? Had Bai Shu maybe not seen the stranger with whom Zhan was dancing?

The evening, just before he met Luna Li, he had decided to see this as a unique and very confusing thing, and to forget it quickly.

He picked up Luna Li from home and they went to the cinema together. For this, Zhan had borrowed the car from Chuyue. He himself had been planning to buy a new car for a long time, after his last one was totalled when another car crashed into his parked car. Luckily nothing happened to the driver, but both cars were totalled.

Arriving at the cinema, Zhan and Luna Li sat down in the back row. Luna Li is convinced that they have the best view of the screen from up there. And, they were also at the same time, close to the exit.

The film was already running for a few minutes when a few latecomers came into the auditorium. One of those latecomers sat right next to Zhan. He nodded at Zhan and smiled. Zhan's heart almost stopped. Wasn't that the guy from the nightclub? Was he stalking Zhan? How did he know where he was and why did he sit right next to him, even though Luna Li was present?

Luna Li, who absolutely wanted to see this film, fell asleep after 20 minutes. Zhan, on the other hand, rarely looked at the screen and tried not to look at the strangers too often.

But as soon as Luna Li had fallen asleep, Zhan felt something touching his hand. Zhan looked at his hand with a pounding heart. And on it, lay the hand of the stranger. The stranger stroked with his thumb, the back of Zhan's hand.

"Why are you doing this?" Asked Zhan as quietly as possible.

"Because I want to touch and feel your skin." The handsome stranger replied.

"But why?"

"Because I like you. I think you are really cute. And I want to be with you." Said the stranger, leaving Zhan speechless.

Zhan looked at Luna Li, whose head was tilted slightly to one side and soft snoring sounds could be heard from her. Then he looked back at the stranger, who looked at him smiling again. And for some reason, Zhan was unable to look away. He was torn. On the one hand, he wanted to look away, and on the other, he just wanted to stare at the stranger and enjoy his handsomeness. He was not this ugly guy as described by Bai Shu. He was a real hotty.

"You know what I like most about you?" The stranger asked. Zhan shook his head. "Your beautiful dark eyes and your bunny teeth. Your smile makes my heart race." The Stranger explained.

When had the stranger seen Zhan smile? Could he have been really a stalker?

The film had almost reached the end, but Zhan had not looked for a long time. Instead, he and the stranger looked at each other all the time. They weren't talking, just looking into each other's eyes. Well, until the stranger said, "Will you dance with me again soon?"

"I cannot dance." Zhan replied automatically. He had gotten so used to this answer that he would give it even when it wasn't necessary.

"With me you can. Dance with me." The stranger said.

The film had come to the last scene and the camera zoomed out, as the stranger leaned over to Zhan, stroked his cheek and gave him a kiss. And like the first time, Zhan's lip, returned the kiss without his permission. The stranger sighed and looked at Zhan sadly for a moment. "I'm afraid I must go now. But I'll see you again soon." He said and left.

The credits began, the lights came on and Luna Li woke up. "Oh, damn it, I wanted to see that film." She said grumbling.

"Maybe next time. It wasn't very exciting anyway." Replied Zhan, who had put his fingers to his lips and was trying to control his beating heart.

When Luna Li looked at the seat next to Zhan, she asked, "Where did the old man go? Didn't he even finish the film even though he was already late?"

"What old man?" Zhan asked confusedly. He couldn't remember an old man sitting in their row.

"Well the old man sitting next to you. He must have been over 60 years old. I'm surprised that old people like that watch a film like this." She replied.

"Ah haha, good joke." Zhan said, but was also confused. How could she not see who was really sitting next to him? Did she have something with her eyes? Or had he fallen asleep too and this was all just a dream?

"Joke? Joke? What joke? There was an old man. Or did you just have eyes for me and not even notice him?" She wanted to know.

Zhan swallowed. "Uh, no. I was focused on the movie." He said. What else could he have said? That a handsome stranger was sitting next to him, that he said he liked Zhan and wanted to be with him and they kissed for the second time that weekend? And that this stranger, of all people, managed to make Zhan's heart beat faster, not to forget.

Actually, Zhan had planned this evening differently. He wanted to go to the cinema with Luna Li, then have a bite to eat with her and when he brought her home, he wanted to kiss her. The first kiss since they became a couple. Because Luna Li had already asked Zhan several times when he finally wanted to kiss her. And until then, Zhan had only said, soon.

But tonight he didn't feel like it anymore. Not after he kissed for the second time with a strange man. Now he just wanted to go home and be alone with his thoughts. He also remembered the article again, the one that has to be ready on Monday morning. And which he hadn't even started yet.

So he drove Luna Li home and dropped her off at her front door. "I'm really sorry, I completely forgot about the article." He said apologetically.

"It's OK. Go home and do your work." She replied. She was waving at him as he drove down the driveway. He felt bad at the thought of her. After all, she's his girlfriend and she should have been allowed to kiss him. But he suspected that he might not feel the same with her as he did with the stranger. But what did that mean for him? And who was the stranger anyway?