-13- New evidence

-13- New evidence

Zhan sat in front of his computer and typed in his latest information. For a week now, he has been investigating the circumstances of Wang Yibo's accident. Sometimes he feels like a police investigator. Like when he called the fishery and asked the staff if a body of a young man might have been found last year. The answer was, no. There was only one man, but he was already 79 years old and fell out of his small boat while fishing.

But Zhan also asked questions such as, where the river could carry a body, what the water conditions were like last year, and whether a sporty young but injured man could survive if he fell into the river. One of the fishermen, who has been fishing in the river for 30 years, told Zhan, "There is a dam. If we don't discover a corpse first and pull it out of the river, the body will be discovered at the dam at the latest. Since the accident happened in summer, the water of the river was not warm, but not so cold that someone falling into the water would freeze to death. More worrying are the strong streams. Maybe someone who is trained, young and strong, could survive this even if injured. But in this case it all depends on the injuries. However, there is a calm spot in the river where, if the young man really did fall in the water, he could have come out."

On a map, the fisherman then showed Zhan exactly where that spot was. Zhan went on the same day and looked at this place and looked at everything. He also met a local who told Zhan that after school, children often went swimming there. But since the local school was closed, the children would rarely come here anymore.

Zhan was just about to leave when he noticed something in the tall grass, close to a thorny bush. He looked for a branch and pulled out the shiny piece, that turned out to be a motorcycle key. There was also a piece of cloth hanging in the bushes. Zhan wrapped both in a plastic wrap and put it in his backpack. He continued to look around, but found nothing else of value.

The following day he went to Wang Yibo's family and showed them the motorcycle key. Mrs. Wang did not even have to say anything, it was enough for Zhan, as she immediately started to cry. "The pendant on the key, I bought it for Yibo. I saw this tiny motorcycle helmet charm and bought it immediately." She said.

"That means your son fell into the water or jumped, we don't know, and came out again. So he definitely did not drown. Because the key was too far away to have been carried by the river. And there was a piece of cloth hanging in the bushes." Zhan showed the piece of cloth to the family, and Wang Hai Kuan took it and looked at it.

"It is very weathered, but I'm sure it's from Yibo's plaid shirt. He often put it on when he went out for another round in the evening." He explained.

Zhan took back both found objects and promised to show them to the investigator in Beijing. They needed new evidence because then the police would reopen their investigation. They would not start a large-scale search, but they would finally investigate.

When Zhan was back in Beijing, he immediately went to see the investigator. Unfortunately, he did not have good news for Zhan. According to him, it takes more than a motorcycle key and a piece of cloth to reopen the investigation. Or to even start the investigation at all. But he advised Zhan to keep searching and get back to him if he found anything else.

At the office, Zhan had now entered all the new data and information into his specially created file and he put the found items into a cash box. He was happy that he found these things, because for him it meant that Wang Yibo could still be alive. And if this is the case, then he would be able to reunite the family. Something that became more and more important for Zhan with each passing day.

Meanwhile Zhan and Wang Hai Kuan have a lot of contact with each other. Almost every day they exchange information and so Zhan also learned that in an act of desperation, Mrs. Wang removed all pictures of Wang Yibo from the house and hid them somewhere. She said that she would only get them out again when her son was found.

Zhan just found the circumstance with the pictures unfortunate, because he would have liked to know what Wang Yibo looked like in the first place. With a picture his search would have been a lot easier, too. It's just not enough for his mother to say that he is simply handsome and the most gorgeous young man around. Don't all mothers say something like that, that their child is the most wonderful? Zhan's mother always says that about him.

But apart from searching for Wang Yibo and his wish to clear up the circumstances of the accident, Zhan also tries to find a way to communicate with the soul. Sometimes he seems to see the soul in reflections for a fleeting moment. But it's always too short and they can't communicate in this way. The only thing Zhan experiences is that the soul, the handsome man, is always near him.

Only a few days ago, when he was at the concert of Hua Chenyu, he had seen the handsome man in the reflection, when he stood at his car, looking at the window at the driver's door after the concert. And no matter how many times that happened now, Zhan always turned around immediately to see if he was standing behind him.

Unfortunately, Zhan hasn't heard anything new from his grandmother yet either. She promised to find him someone who could help him get in touch with the soul. But he hasn't heard from her since then. And when he tried to call her, she didn't answer. According to his parents, she does that a lot. But it could just as well be, that she's out of town for a few days. Or she's at the temple all day praying.

He hasn't heard from Luna Li either. She had not let herself be seen a second time in the flat share and had not tried to talk his best friend into anything. Nevertheless the connection between Zhan and Chuyue is still very tense and the two hardly talk to each other.

Chuyue also refuses to help Zhan with his search for Wang Yibo or any evidence. He told Zhan that he thinks this search is useless and that he should rather concentrate his energy on meaningful things. Bai Shu, Zhan's other best friend on the other hand, thinks Zhan's search is great. He even suggested Zhan to talk to friends of Wang Yibo.

Sadly, it turned out that Wang Yibo only has two friends and they are in South Korea, of all places. Zhan was given the contact details from them and left a message on their mailbox, but even after four days they didn't get in touch with him.

When Zhan had left the office and was on his way home, he had the feeling of being followed the whole time. Was he imagining it? Or had there really been that dark blue Honda behind him the whole time? Already in the morning he felt as if someone was following him. And even then he saw this dark blue Honda. Should he start to worry now?

Could it be that Chuyue was right when he said it could be dangerous for Zhan too?

What do you think? Could Zhan be in danger? Who could be following him and why?