-53- Anger

-53- Anger

This short moment in the shower was enough to make it clear to both men what they had wanted for so long and that there are moments in life when love simply takes precedence. And so Zhan was carried into the bedroom by Yibo, where, at least for an hour, they could forget everything else around them and just give themselves to each other.

And even if both of them would have preferred to stay in bed afterwards and not care about anything else but their common love, they still had to get up and make their way to Zhan's parents' house.

Because unfortunately, their moment had passed much too fast. Again and again Yibo's cell phone rang and at some point Yibo accepted the call annoyed. "Why can't Zhan and I have at least one day together? Is it so hard to understand that after all these years without contact, he and I just wanted to be together and spend time together?" Yibo asked angrily.

Zhan's mother said: "I am really very sorry and I absolutely begrudge you that. But your mother insists that you and your brother come and talk in person."

Since Zhan already knew what she was going to tell Yibo and Hai Kuan he had little desire to be part of this conversation. If Zhan found it so hard to understand, how could the two brothers?

On the way to Zhan's home, he and Yibo picked up Cheng and Hai Kuan on the way. Hai Kuan already knew from Yibo that her mother was still alive and was already very curious about the excuses she would give them why she just left her two sons behind.

The greeting between Wang Sanya and her two sons was very undercooled. Neither Yibo nor Hai Kuan allowed her to be close to them and so they only reached out their hand to her and also avoided to sit down next to her on the sofa of Zhan's parents.

It took a little bit more than an hour until Wang Sanya explained to her two sons in great detail and at great length why she let them down at that time. The following silence, Zhan felt almost suffocating and he saw Yibo furiously clenching his fists. Still, it was Hai Kuan who said something first.

"I can't believe you're sitting here smiling and telling us why we had to believe you died years ago. I can't believe you abandoned Yibo and me, knowing what would happen to him. How dare you call yourself mother?" Asked Hai Kuan.

"You just claimed that the meeting between Zhan and me was predestined. Don't you think, if that's true, that I would have met him another way?" Yibo asked.

"I understand that you are both angry and you have every right to be. And unfortunately I have to tell you Yibo, without everything that happened to you, you never would have met Zhan." Explained Wang Sanya

"This is bullshit! I saw Zhan before all this shit happened! And I swore I'd find him as soon as I work in Beijing." Yibo replied angrily.

"And how could you have seen Zhan in Beijing if I had taken you and Hai Kuan with me? Do you think Zhan would have shown up at a cafe abroad to fulfill your destiny?" She asked him.

"If it's destiny, they would have met in a different way. You can only see the future in different variations, you just said so. So how do you know that they wouldn't have found a way to meet each other?" Hai Kuan wanted to know angry.

"You know that without Zhan and Yibo, you wouldn't have met your Cheng either. It's all connected. Think about it. And no, they wouldn't have found another way. If I had taken you with me, we would have gone to India together. Yibo would never have gone to Beijing. He would've been safe, but he would've never met Zhan. You wouldn't have met Cheng. And even worse, Yibo would never have fallen in love. Because he would spend his life looking for the one person who was meant for him." Wang Sanya replied.

"I don't believe a word of it. And I also don' t care. And to your statement that I am also a medium and should help Zhan with the lost souls, I can only tell you I don't feel like it. I have never wanted to be a medium, nor do I want to be trained by my boyfriend. I have successfully completed my studies and am a social pedagogue in the field of children and young people. I even met someone here from Beijing during my studies and we want to open our own office for socially needy families. That means, actually we will open already next month. I have no time to be a medium. I don't feel like looking into the souls of others like I did last night. I don't want to do that. I have enough problems of my own." Yibo replied angrily.

Hai Kuan and Yibo both left the living room and went to the kitchen. They sat down with Zhan's parents, Cheng and Yanli, while Zhan stayed in the living room with Sanya. Not that Zhan had wanted to stay there, he was just too shocked about this news.

Zhan was surprised to hear about the office. Something so important, Yibo could have told him. Maybe on the way here, at the latest. To him, everything Yibo had told so far had only sounded like a beginning of their future together. But now he had to learn that Yibo already had precise ideas and was about to open his own office.

Somehow nothing was going as Sanya had foreseen. When Zhan wanted to give Yibo the bracelet with his initials in the morning, Yibo thankfully refused. He said he was beyond wearing bracelets and wouldn't believe in all that crap about having to unite the bracelets anyway.

Yibo put it on, pressed it against Zhan's bracelet and said, "See, nothing happens. We are the same as before. Our destiny is not only connected with these old bracelets. Besides, we can also take our fate into our own hands." Zhan didn't know what to say, because he didn't feel anything strange or new either, everything was the same.

So Zhan kept silent and took off his bracelet that Yibo gave him. He had sworn to wear it always, but if Yibo refused to wear the bracelet with Zhan's initials, why should Zhan keep Yibo's bracelet around his wrist?

Even then, Zhan had noticed that a lot had apparently changed in the past three and a half years. Not in terms of their feelings for each other, but everything else seemed to be different now.

Of course, a person changes over the years and evolves constantly. Especially when it's someone as smart as Yibo, who is also much more mature now. But even if Zhan is happy about it, he is afraid that Yibo might be a completely different person now after all and that he has nothing much in common with the man he fell in love with anymore.

Maybe Zhan's fear is also completely unfounded. After three and a half years without any contact to each other, maybe they just had to get to know each other again. Because, the love for each other is still there, nothing has changed. Nor has it changed that they want to stay together. So Zhan said to himself, he has to give it all his time and get to know the new Yibo in peace.

When the two brothers returned to the living room after a conversation with Zhan's parents, Yibo sat down next to Zhan again and then said to his mother: "You are my mother and maybe you could be right about what you said. But, for me it doesn't matter anymore. Zhan and I are together now and I hope that Zhan, like me, will not let himself be told which fate he has to live and shape our future together with me. I know you're sick again and you don't have much time left. But I hope you can understand that I can't just forgive you. Even if you are my mother. Right now I feel nothing but anger for you. I've spent most of my life being lied to by you and my father and my stepmother. And just because you're back now and you might die soon, I can't just forgive you. I hope you understand that."

"You cannot just ignore your destiny, Yibo. You are a medium and must help the lost souls. I know you can't just forgive me and I understand that too. But your fate, this destiny, you can't change." His mother replied.

"Mom, you chose this destiny for me, if I can believe your story. You chose to let me go through all this so that I could meet Zhan. I met Zhan, we're together, we love each other, and from now on, we make our own destiny. And once I open the office, I won't have time to help lost souls. I will then help the children and young people who have problems in this world and are looking for help. Zhan didn't need me to help souls before and he won't need me in the future either. I also hope that he will come to his senses and not sacrifice his whole life to these lost souls. I hope he'll go back to being a reporter and helping people in this way, in his own way." Said Yibo.

Zhan felt like he was air. Yibo talked for and about him as if Zhan had no opinion of his own and could not speak for himself. They hadn't even talked about how they wanted to shape their future together and yet Yibo seemed to have already decided. How should Zhan react to this?