-11- Wittness

-11- Witness

The handsome stranger still insisted on accompanying Zhan to his front door. He also insisted on holding Zhan's hand. "I just want to feel your hand, your warmth, for a moment longer." He had said to Zhan, and Zhan wanted the same from him. He too wanted to be able to see and touch the stranger a little longer.

Actually he should have been shocked at the truth, he should have yelled at the stranger. But all he could do was to remember that the stranger was doing this only for him. The only thing that bothered him was that he kissed three unknown men only because of the stranger. The thought of it was disgusting for him. Yet his mind and heart tried to convince him that it was the handsome stranger and nobody else.

When Zhan had unlocked the apartment door and entered the apartment, he almost had a heart attack when he turned on the light. Chuyue stood there, still fully clothed and with a very angry look. "Who was that guy and why did you kiss in that alley? What's wrong with you? Since when do you just kiss random guys?" Chuyue asked him angrily.

"You were spying on me?" Asked Zhan in horror.

"No, I wasn't spying on you. I just thought my best friend was gone for a long time and I was worried, so I went looking for you. And then I heard noises from the alley, and what should I say? I saw my best friend making out with a strange guy." Chuyue replied, short-tempered.

"And then you just watched us?"

"Of course not. When I saw it was you, I went back home. I don't understand what's going on with you lately, Zhan. I don't recognize you."

"Why not? I' m the same as always. I haven't changed."

"You haven't changed? You kiss some strange guy, talk about ghosts and lost souls and suddenly you want to investigate some traffic accident, just because something seems strange to you. And then you wear this bracelet. Yeah, I noticed, and I thought I'd just wait until my best friend told me why he was wearing a bracelet with the initials of the missing person on it. Did you happen to know him? Did you have a history with him?"

"I can't explain it to you. And even if I could, you wouldn't believe me anyway. You claim I changed. But which of us has really changed? Suddenly you make everything I say and do into a big discussion and brand me as crazy just because I talk about ghosts and lost souls. And then your line about Luna Li and that I broke her heart. You never liked her! You hated her from the start and wanted me to break up with her. And suddenly you're on her side, and you talk about her broken heart?"

"Luna Li was yesterday here, looking for you, because she wanted to talk to you. She was totally upset and cried bitterly. She told me she just wanted to have a nice evening with you. She wanted to tell you that she's been offered a part in a TV show. But instead you suddenly claimed she sent a ghost to control you. And you dropped her off at home and you raced away and you didn't even dare look at her. You didn't even have the guts to tell her you were breaking up with her. She had to find that out on her own when she tried to call you and couldn't get through to you because you blocked her."

"Yes, because she's insane!"

"Zhan, I think you're the crazy one. You with all your ghost talk and the bullshit. I'm not surprised you imagine seeing or hearing things. The way you get yourself into this. I don't think it was right you visited your grandmother. Because you haven't been yourself since!" Shouted Chuyue.

"Enough Chuyue! How do you know Zhan is not telling the truth? Just because you don't see and hear the same things as Zhan, doesn't mean Zhan is crazy. And you yourself know that Luna Li is not right in the head. Then why are you defending her now? How many times have you told Zhan that you distrust her and don't like her? How many times did Zhan have to listen to your bitching about her and how many times did you tell him to break up with her? Shouldn't you be happy that they're no longer together?" Yu Bin yelled and asked.

Zhan was completely perplexed. He had known Yu Bin for six years and lived with him for the same length of time. But he had never seen Yu Bin raise his voice to others or interfere with anything. He is actually rather the one who stays calm and often withdraws when someone argues.

"Damn Yu Bin, when did you become so brave? You usually retreat right away. Then why not today? Do you believe the nonsense Zhan is saying?" Chuyue asked.

"I grew up in a very spiritual household. Everyone in my family believes in the supernatural. And I believe Zhan! He has no reason to create it. As you said yourself, he was with Luna Li and wanted to stay with her. So why would he lie about all this? Can't you see that even now she's still causing stress? If you hadn't talked to her, and be honest, would you have thought Zhan is crazy?" Asked Yu Bin quietly.

"I don't know, I guess not." Chuyue replied.

"You see? It's her fault you quarreled with Zhan. Think about it, even if you don't believe in ghosts and such things, you never would have thought Zhan is crazy or blamed him. But after your conversation with her, you were aggressive towards Zhan and kept verbally attacking him." Explained Yu Bin.

Zhan just stood there and listened. He didn't know what to say anyway. He couldn't take it anymore. And probably that's what Luna Li had aimed for when she pretended to Chuyue that she was sad and hurt.

Since Zhan didn't feel like hearing anything anymore and he already had enough on his mind, he just walked past his two roommates and into his room. He sat down at his desk and wrote on a piece of paper: 1. research on the accident. 2. finding identity from the lost soul.

He put the piece of paper in his desk drawer and then went to his bed. He sat down, undressed and went into the bathroom dressed in his bathrobe, took a quick shower and then returned to his room immediately. He heard Chuyue and Yu Bin talking in the living room. But he did not care.

When he was back in his room, he put on his pyjamas and went to bed. And somehow he felt like he wasn't alone. He felt like something was warming him. Trying to take away some of his anger and his worries. He closed his eyes and thought of that handsome stranger. And with those thoughts, he drifted into a deep sleep.