-55- Talk to me

-55- Talk to me

Zhan turned around hastily and looked Luna Li straight in the eyes. She smiled and explained, "I have dreamed that you would appear here today. And it's not Chuyue you're looking for."

"What? What are you talking about?" Asked Zhan confused.

"I'm talking about you looking for a soul healer. It' s not Chuyue, even if he can see souls now and then. But mostly only when he has drunk something. The person you need to talk to is Yu Bin. He's the one you're looking for. He's been seeing lost souls all his life, he told me once when I met him. But he was afraid to tell anyone and would be labeled crazy."

"Really? Yu Bin is it?"

"Mhm. And it was just a joke that I dreamt about you. Yu Bin said you'd surely come here, so I thought I'd wait for you and say hello."

"Are you with Yu Bin?"

"Ha ha, no. We're just friends. Or, well, not enemies anyway. Every once in a while, when we see each other, we talk for a moment. Otherwise, we tend to avoid each other. I only met him once in the bar, he was pretty drunk and whining about why you didn't notice that he always stood by you, and not just because he believed you."

"But he never said that he could see the souls. Yibo was in the apartment too, and he always pretended he couldn't see him."

"Clarify it with Yu Bin. I can only tell you what I know."

But since Yu Bin was also not at home, Zhan couldn't talk to him either and decided to decline Luna Li's invitation for coffee and instead go home and face the conversation with Yibo.

When Zhan arrived at the apartment, Yibo was already waiting for him. He had even already prepared the table for dinner and told Zhan that they should eat something first and then talk. But actually, Zhan didn't feel like putting it off much longer. But still he accepted and ate at least a little something.

After dinner, the two sat down on the sofa and Yibo started talking immediately. "So ZhanZhan, do you think it's right what my mother has done? To abandon my brother and me, to claim it was first for health reasons and then because of the fate she chose for me, whether I wanted it to or not."

"Of course not. I told her that too, and she can explain all she wants, I won't stand for her leaving you and you being lied to." Zhan replied.

"And do you think, just because she wants me to, I should just go ahead and blow my plans, just to help you with your lost souls?"

"No." Zhan said.

"And do you expect me to help you with those lost souls?"

"No."

"So can I count on you to keep my plans and projects going without being forced to do something I don't want to do?"

"Yes, Yibo."

"Good. Because I really want Lian to open up this office for low-income families and focus on this work. Lian and I have invested so much time, energy and money into this, we're certainly not giving up now."

"Mm. I'm just confused, because back then you were planning to be like my parents on the streets, helping out on the spot." Zhan replied.

"I know, and I wanted to. But then I met Lian at university and he told me he wants to open an office where anyone who needs help can come. And he convinced me of his idea. It's a good thing, Zhan."

"I don't doubt it either. It's all just new to me and I heard about it for the first time today, just like Lian. So you must understand, I'm a little confused."

"I know. I wanted to tell you in peace, but we didn't get a chance, and my mother made me so angry, that I just said it without thinking."

"I noticed that."

"But ZhanZhan, I really hope you don't become a full-time medium now and just waste your time with those lost souls."

"Wasting time? Yibo, have you forgotten that you were once a lost soul in need of help? I don't know why you suddenly talk like that, and seem to forget the fact that I took the time to help you back then."

"I won't forget that, ZhanZhan. But you can't make money with that. And in the first few months Lian and I won't earn much, so it's probably not enough for two people. I'm not saying you have to go to work, but we need the money. Because what I had left after my studies, buying a new motorcycle and some small things, I used the money I had left for the office. But don't worry, Lian put in the same amount of money."

"Well, first of all, I have to say that if you want to work for socially weak families, you will never be able to expect much money. Second, it's frightening how important money suddenly is to you. And third, I'm starting back to work at the editorial office in two weeks. I went to my boss today and I already signed my employment contract. And I have savings, so don't worry about that, you don't have to feed me." Zhan replied, feeling that he was getting angrier and angrier.

"I didn't mean it that way, Zhan. I just want us both to work together. Especially since the first few months could be tough, until we have enough families and money. Of course I know we will never earn much and may even need donations, for the families, but it will still be enough for us. And no, money is not so important to me personally. But I do care about our future together and that we don't have to live in this small apartment forever. And who knows, maybe we will want to get married one day. That costs a lot of money too."

"We haven't been together 24 hours, so I'm not thinking about getting married. You're right, first of all we have to get along and build up something together. But please, little by little. One step at a time. Because it almost seems to me like you're already planning the next ten years. And a future together, working out a couple together. A couple should also plan together how to move forward. Not that one of them is going to make the decision and the other one has to follow. So don't shut me out and talk to me."

"That's what I'm doing, Zhan. Right now, there's just so much to think about, it all seems to come tumbling down. I wanted to include you in the plans, never leave you out. Please don't think that. Your opinion is also important to me."

"Good. Then I'll tell you now. First, you'll open your office, I'll go back to work as a reporter, and I'll combine this work with my task. Then, when we both have a steady income, we'll start saving. For a new apartment and for a possible wedding. Is that okay for you?"

"Yes of course ZhanZhan. It's perfectly fine like this, and so I thought so too."

"It's fine. Then I'll write it down so we'll never forget it." Zhan replied.

Zhan was glad that they talked. Even if they were just getting started. However, Zhan knew that this was already a lot. After all, it hasn't been 24 hours since they got each other back and there was certainly a lot to work out. But only little by little, step by step.

The two spent the rest of the evening cuddled together on the sofa. Zhan still felt a little uncomfortable, because he felt that this could have ended differently today. All this was just too much for one day and Zhan had to process all this news and information. But above all he was already eager to get to know this Lian. Because he seemed to have a lot of influence on Yibo and Zhan wanted to see if it was a good influence.