Changing Things

SAMIS POV

I spent almost every day in the woods. I would stay there for hours and today was no exception. I started to walk back home after it was dark. M didn't care how long I would stay out for as long as I came back in the end.

I was walking home when I saw two people standing by a car.

(This is the scene with Archie but I'm making it so it's Aura instead.)

"Henry?" I asked as I jogged up to the pair. "What are you doing here? You good?" 

"I'm fine, Aura." Henry responds to me.

"Who's this?" I ask as I notice the unfamiliar women standing beside Henry.

"Just someone trynna give him a ride home." I squinted my eyes knowing I didn't believer her.

"Oh, she's my mom, Aura."

"HA I thought you were kidding when you said you found her." I laughed out as I raised my hand for him to give me a high five. I was proud. I'm such a good influence. The woman moves uncomfortably in her spot.

"Do you know where he lives?" She asks me as she folds her arms due to the temperature. Henry gives me the don't you dare tell her look and I put my arms up in surrender.

"Can't tell ya. He'll tell you eventually though." I give the woman a small smile. "You said you weren't skipping today dude." I laughed.

"Yeah, change of plans." He says looking down gultily.

"Well I better find a way to sneak you in your house so your mom won't kill you." I say half joking half serious.

"Your moms stricked?" The woman asks looking down at Henry.

"Maybe." He says still looking down. I chuckle a little bit.

"He's the mayor's kid." I inform her and Henry shoots me a mean look. "Oh come on she was bound to find out."I tell him. I ruffle Henry's hair before walking away back to the apartment. As I walked I took the route by the clock tower. Then I heard an unfamiliar tick. I looked up and the clocks arms just moved. That thing hadn't moved in ages. Henry and I believed it didn't move because time had been frozen for 28 years. I looked up at the face of the clock and smiled. She was the savior and she was finally changing things.

Most of the time when I get home M is asleep but this time she was up. She was sitting on one her bar stools as I came in.

"Aura, you were out late." She says as she has coffee in her hands.

"Yeah just went to the woods as usual." I say as I sit down in the stool next to her.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask as I do so.

"Can't sleep." She says. I nod my head in understanding.

"Well maybe try to get some. You have to work tomorrow." 

"Yeah well you need sleep too. You have school." She informs me. She knows I'm quite a bit of a trouble maker and don't go to school often and when I do I end up in detention repeatedly.

"Right..." I mumble. I did start to feel a little tired however. I said my goodnight's and walked up the metal stairs to the loft. I climbed into the bed and looked out the window. I saw all the stars glistening. I loved looking at the stars so much. It was almost calming for me.

I eventually laid down and pulled the covers up to my neck. I sighed before closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

---

The past couple of weeks Emma had come to believe me and Henry and joined Operation Cobra. It was nice to have a fairytale character on our side but I knew she didn't believe us completely.

I was sitting on the couch in the apartment when I heard walkie-talkie static coming from my bag. Emma had gotten the three of us walkie talkies after the passing of Graham. I walked over to it and grabbed the box to change the settings. When I did I could hear Henry's voice.

'Come in Aura.' He was repeating into the box.
'I'm here I'm here.' I inform him.
'Good. Ok so I was just reading of the book again and I got to the part about Peter Pan'
'And?'
'I think I found who you are'
'Well tell me!'
'I can't over walkie. Someone might be listening. Meet me at Granny's in ten.'

I threw the walkie back into my bag and flung the bag over my shoulders. I ran out the door and locked it. I ran down the stairs almost falling a couple of times at the speed. I was so excited to see who I was. 

I got to Granny's and opened the door. The bell chimed and I saw Henry's head poke up. He waved me over and I hurriedly sat.

"Ok go." I said eagerly. He opened the book and flipped to Peter Pan's story. He flipped a couple more pages until I saw a girl with brown hair kissing Peter. She was wearing a white dress and had a flower crown on her head.

"I think this is you." He says as he points to the girl on the page.

"You think that's me?" I chuckle a little. In the picture 'I' was kissing an infamous villain, well he was in the storybooks at least. "Why?" I questioned.

"Ok, so this girl is 'The Lost Girl'. She is Captain Hook's sister and falls in love with Peter Pan. She eventually becomes the queen of Neverland. It also states that she is all powerful and is immortal. But she's the worst villain in this book." He trails off as I furrow my eyebrows. Does he really think I could be capable of that?

"Also that ring you always wear? It's right here." He points to a picture in the book showing a clear picture of the gold ring I never took off. I never took it off because it was all my family left of them. It was all a blur though so I didn't really know why.

"Oh." Is all I manage to say at the news.

"Don't be upset. We don't know anything about her other than a few things. She might not have been all bad." He says trying to boost my hopes. It helps a little but not to much. 

I knew Henry was probably right. Everything made sense. My love for the stars and the forest, my love for adventure. It all came together. I was a little upset at the fact she was 'the worst villian' but maybe I'd get over that. Maybe he was wrong. I was probably just some villager. It's hard to see myself as this bad ass Queen who made Peter Pan fall for her. She seemed really cool but the fact that now Henry might be scared of me was killing me. I couldn't lose my only friend.