Chapter 49

Yo ✌🏼

I'm sorry for going dark! I also have to apologize for the previous poll where you had to choose the place where a mark would be, I did some research and found out that the choices I gave are not viable without there being a major plot hole in the story, so yeah. . . sorry.

Third Person POV

The sounds of blades clashing were heard amongst the roars of Grimm that roamed the area, Adam and (Y/N) clashed once again as (Y/N) felt the vicious glares he received from Adam even though his eyes were covered by his mask.

Adam: "Why. . won't you. . die?" He yelled before he jumped back, causing (Y/N)'s momentum to push him forward, and kicked him back. (Y/N) slid back on his feet before he blocked another strike by Adam.

(Y/N): "It's quite simple really. ." He responded before pushing Adam back and punching him in the abdomen with his other hand. Adam was knocked back, tripping over a pebble but managed to recover by flipping back. However, (Y/N) immediately went on the offense and struck Adam on his head, cracking his mask, Adam recoiled back from the shock and jumped back, (Y/N) followed, giving him no space to think as Adam tried to block each attack.

(Y/N): "You're just weak." He mocked him. Adam gritted his teeth, seething with rage as he dodged each attack, his body being pushed to its limits as he tried to keep up with (Y/N)'s speed.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Port: "That's it! Everybody on board! This is a mandatory evacuation!"

Oobleck: "A safe zone has been established in Vale! Please, remain calm and listen to Atlas personnel!"

Weiss stares at what is in front of her in disbelief. As Ruby comes running down the path, Zwei barks to alert Weiss to Ruby's presence, and Weiss turns around to greet her.

Weiss: "Ruby!"

Ruby: "Oh, I found you!"

Weiss: "Ruby, where have you—"

Ruby: "Don't worry, I'm fine! What's going on?" Unsure of what to say, Weiss lowers her gaze sadly.

Ruby: "Weiss? What is it?"

Weiss steps aside, giving Ruby a clear view of Blake and Yang lying on the ground. Both girls have bandages wrapped around their wounds, and the latter is unconscious. Behind them sit Nora and Ren, who are too bruised to fight. Blake reaches over and places her hand on Yangs.

Blake: "I'm sorry." She gets tears in her eyes. Ruby reaches out and opens her mouth to say something, but in her emotional state, she couldn't.

Blake: "I'm so sorry." She repeats, curling her fists as she tries to dry her tears.

Ruby: "Yang. . ." Sun walks up to Ruby.

Sun: "Hey. She's gonna be okay. The soldiers have a ship ready to take you guys to Vale."

Nora: "But Jaune, Pyrrha, and (Y/N) are still missing." She says as she attempts to stand, but she quickly sits back down, groaning and holding her side.

Ruby: "What!?"

Sun: "Look, guys, that giant Grimm is circling the school! Even the White Fang are pulling out! We all have to go, now!"

Ren: "We're not. . leaving!" He stands up but then falls to his knees.

Ruby: "I'll find them. . I'll find them, and I'll bring them back."