Chapter 53

Yo ✌🏼

In the middle of a forest, an average house stood. Average rooms, average size, average backyard, average trees are surrounding the average house. But the ones inhabiting the house were far from average.

In the backyard of the house, Yang is jumping in place with her semblance activated as she wonders why she has to do this.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Jump in place? That's easy! I lost an arm, not a leg!"

"You're going to keep at it for however long you can, then take a break until you are breathing steadily before doing it again."

"But that's so eas-"

"But! You're going to do the second time with your semblance active."

"Wha- ?"

"It's better for you to do it rather than explaining; you'll know then. Also, here's a timer, measure the amount of time of each session."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Doing this is so easy I should just skip it. . but (Y/N)'ll yell at me. . Ugh! I'm just going to get this over with!" She says to herself before continuing on.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Wha-?" Yang says, dumbfounded.

"Hmm. . As I thought." (Y/N) notes as the two look at the timings of each session. The first session was approximately fifty-five minutes. However, the second session was utterly dwarfed by the first as it was approximately twenty-three minutes.

"What does this mean?"

"What do you mean? It's exactly what it is. Though your semblance boosts your physical abilities, your stamina, however, is more than halved. That is the drawback of your semblance."

"S-so? I've never needed my semblance other than a few times!"

"That's what you say, but in actuality, you can't control it. I've noticed that whenever your semblance activates, it's mostly unconsciously. Specifically when you feel anger."

"That. . is right." Yang slouches as she thinks about how (Y/N) could find the weakness in her semblance so easily. "But how is it going to help? I use it to end fights."

"That is another reason why I say you are too predictable. A smart opponent will easily find out the weakness in you and exploit it. However, you have been hiding its weakness well due to your well amount of stamina and physical dominance with your semblance inactive compared to others."

"So that means I'm gonna have to control it?" (Y/N) pats her head, at which she is startled. "H-hey!"

"Precisely. You will train your semblance so you can use it throughout the battle rather than at the end. Luckily for you, your hair flares up when your semblance is active, so you will be able to see when you can control it."

"See how?"

"Most probably, your hair will glow dimmer than originally. So keep an eye out for that."

"Ayy! Alright! I'm fired up now! What's next? Hundred sit-ups? Hundred push-ups on one hand? How about running ten kilometers?"

"You will be doing. . . Nothing, that's it for today."