(platonic) Ananas + reader

Requested by McIntyre56, hope you like it!

Note: as gender wasn't specific, reader will use they/them on this one. To not get confused, Ananas' pronouns will appear as They/Them

The cookie sat down near the shore, their back resting against a palm tree as they looked at the sea. They closed their eyes, a smile forming on their face as they enjoyed the afternoon breeze. "Is been pretty peaceful today...wonder what Ananas had been doing" the cookie thought, their eyes still closed. For some reason, the golden dragon tolerated their presence, and during the past months the cookie had got used to their visits.
Their question was answered shortly after, as the golden dragon landed in front of them. The cookie opened their eyes, and they looked at each other in silence for a few seconds.

"Finally...I had been looking for you" Ananas said as They laid down on the sand, Their big head moving close to their small form. To their surprise, They rested Their head on their lap, closing Their eyes as They let out a small sigh.

"So...something happened?" they asked after a few seconds, still a bit surprised.

"...had to visit another dragon, and their presence is just insufferable" the dragon said, growling a bit at the end. The cookie hummed, and decided to let the dragon be. They weren't going to question Their actions.
The cookie stayed in silence as the dragon rested, their own eyes closing again as they slowly relaxed again. An idea appeared on their mind after a few minutes, and they opened their eyes to look at the dragon. The idea could be risky, at least that's what they thought. But at the same time, the dragon seemed to trust them enough.

"I know you want to ask something cookie. What is it?" Ananas said as They opened one of Their eyes, looking at their small form.

"I...well, may I try something?" They asked, gulping internally as the dragon looked at them.

"Alright, you may" Ananas finally said, and they almost let out a relieved sigh. One of their hands moved to Their face and, to the dragon's surprise, they started petting Their face in a gentle manner. Ananas found Themselves closing Their eyes as the cookie continue, forgetting all the problems They had with Pitaya slowly.
The cookie smiled at Them, containing a giggle as they continued. They wouldn't say it aloud, but the golden dragon looked kinda cute at that moment.

"Cookie" Ananas said after who knows how long, making them hum as they continue their action.

"For now on, you are the only one allowed to do that alright?" They said, Their voice sounding now more relaxed. The cookie let out another hum in agreement as they smiled at the dragon.

Both of them didn't know why the dragon started trusting them like that and how they ended up developing this strange friendship. But neither of them minded and that moment.