Pitaya x reader

A small oneshot inspired by the art of Swarmishstrangers on tumblr (the pic on top!). Make sure to check out their awesome blog and art!

Note: reader will use they/ them on this one, and Pitaya he/him

The red dragon was very proud of his hair, and it was the main reason why he didn't let others touch it. Only a few ones had that privilege, and they were proud to say they were one of the few.

The dragon always let them brush his hairs when asked, even asked himself sometimes to their surprise. He even let them try some hairstyles from time to time. That's what they were doing that day. It was a rainy day, and it had taken Pitaya by surprise. And when the big dragon, wet from head to toe, knocked on their door they just let him in.

They offered Pitaya some towels to dry before they started with his hair, knowing it was probably what it would take the longest to dry. "But is not like I have anything else to do" they had thought, a smile on their face as they heard a soft purr coming from the dragon.

And as they finished, they found themselves sitting on his legs as they made small braids, a comfortable silence between them.

"Do you like it?" They asked with a big smile, making Pitaya open his eyes. He looked at the braid for a moment, and immediately smile.

"Yes treasure. Isss perfect like you"