Leek x reader

Requested by zimscoochie, hope you like it!

Note: as gender wasn't specific, reader will use they/them on this one!

"Leek is late" they thought as they looked out of the window. The cookie knew that Leek sometimes lost the sense of time while training, and it wouldn't be the first time that he appears 15-20 minutes later. But more than an hour had already passed, and the cookie couldn't help but get worried.

"What if he got injured or attacked? I know he can defend himself but… maybe I should go and search for him" they thought as they got up. They quickly made their way to the door, and almost crashed against someone when they were about to go out.

"Leek!" They said as they finally recognized the cookie, earning a small smile from the other.

"Sorry I'm late. Can I still come in?" He said, his voice a tone lower than usual.

"Yes, of course. Make yourself comfortable" they said as they let the cookie enter, a small frown on their face as he walked in. They knew something was wrong from the way he walked and spoke, but couldn't tell what was it. Maybe it was something that happened on his way? The same reason he was late maybe? They shook their head as they closed the door. "I should make him some tea now, and ask later" the cookie thought as they followed Leek to the living room.

"Here" they said softly as they gave Leek a cup of his favourite tea. He took it with a grateful smile and took a small sip as they sat down at his side.

"Say...is everything okay?" They asked softly, a hand resting gently on his shoulder.

"Yes, of course. Why do you ask?" Leek said, their eyes meeting for a moment. They raised an eyebrow at him, and Leek sighed. They knew him too well.

"Okay I… I found Jujube on my way here but… I couldn't bring myself to challenge him" he said softly, his gaze back to the cup on his hands.

"I… (Y/N), do you think I will be strong enough to defeat him one day?" He asked softly, not meeting their eyes.

"Of course Leek. There is no swordsman better than you, remember? One day you will, I'm sure" they said softly, their hand moving to his cheek.
The gesture made Leek close his eyes as he let out a small sigh. Letting the cup on the table, he finally looked at them, his confident smile back on his face.

"Yes, you are right. I just need to train a bit more. Thank you, love" he said softly, pulling them to a small kiss. The cookie smiled against his lips, their heart skipping a small beat for a moment. And as they broke the kiss they looked into each other's eyes, smile on both their faces.

"But first, let me repay you for being late. You still wanted to learn how to play the flute, right?"