(platonic) Sorbet Shark + reader

Anonymous request, hope the person likes it!

Note: as gender wasn't specific, reader will use they/them on this one!

The cookie sighed as they leaned on the rail, looking at the moon's reflection in the surface of the sea. For some reason, they weren't really up to celebrate whatever Pirate cookie was celebrating. They didn't get it quite right, as the pirate had spoken very quickly at that moment. And they really didn't want to ask him again for some reason. The cookie sighed again, closing their eyes for a moment. If they were honest with themselves...they really knew why they were feeling like that.
"Yes...this same day but a year ago... I became a part of the crew. And two years without seeing my friend" they thought, their lips turning down a bit as they thought about it.

They remembered like it had happened yesterday. Sorbet Shark and them had always wanted to go on an adventure, explore the sea and find treasures. That was the reason why they became friends at first, and their friendship only grew stronger as time passed. They always talked about exploring the sea together, but one day Sorbet said something that surprised them.

"(Y/N)...if you ever get the opportunity, I want you to go on an adventure without me" he said, making them open their eyes in surprise.

"But...why? We always talk about going together…" they said, not understanding why he was saying that.

"Is just... I don't know if when I will get my legs, or if I ever will get them. I...I don't want you to stay stuck here waiting for me" he said, a sad smile on his face as he looked at the sea.

"Sorbet...you know I don't mind waiting. I wouldn't think of going on an adventure without my friend" they said, a hand on his shoulder.

"I know...how about we do this. You go and explore by yourself for like a year or two as I see how to get my legs. I'd I get them, I'll join you on the way, and if not I'll be here when you come back" Sorbet said, a small smile on his face.

"I...I don't know. But I'll think about it, okay?"

That was a year ago. They had joined Pirate cookie just a few weeks after that. And with that promise, they parted ways.
"But even if he gets legs...how is he going to find this exact ship in the middle of nowhere?" They thought with a sigh as they opened their eyes again.

"Ah, there ya are (Y/N)! Come join us already" Pirate cookie said as he got in the deck, his voice interrupting their thoughts. The cookie forced a smile on their face and nodded, following the pirate inside. A small distraction would probably help them anyways.

And as next day arrived, they heard Pirate talking to someone else. Or at least it seemed like, as they couldn't hear another voice. The cookie stepped out, making the pirate look over his shoulder at them.

"(Y/N), perfect timing! Let me introduce you to the new member" he said, taking a step to the side. The cookie was short, they noticed, but yet so familiar. And words escapes from their mouth as the two of them made eye contact.

"Sorbet Shark? Is that you?" They asked, making the other smile brightly.

"00o0oo!" He said, making the cookie giggle a bit. It seemed like legs came with a cost.

"You two know each other? Great, then show him around will ya?" Pirate asked, turning around to go back into his private dorm.
The two cookies smiled at each other, and they quickly pulled the now short shark to a hug.

"I'm glad you kept your promise"