The Ball to Remember: Dec. 1976

Dedicated to the comment section in WiseRavenclaw07's story How It All Began. I said I'd write it, and here it is.

(Bertie_Botts
OllieDaWriter3721
Revetaar
07Emma
Galaxyblackbird)

The Ball to Remember: Dec. 1976

The Marauders stood in front of the notice board in the Gryffindor Common Room, reading the most recent notice.

𝚆𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙱𝚊𝚕𝚕
𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝟷𝟾 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛, 𝟷𝟿𝟽𝟼
𝟼:𝟶𝟶 𝚙.𝚖. 𝚝𝚘 𝟷𝟸:𝟶𝟶 𝚊.𝚖.
(𝟷𝟾:𝟶𝟶 𝚝𝚘 𝟶𝟶:𝟶𝟶)
𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚄𝚙
𝙶𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝙷𝚊𝚕𝚕
𝙰𝚗𝚢 𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚊𝚜𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝙱𝚘𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕, 𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎

"Oh, great," Remus mumbled under his breath, "A ball."

"It really is great!" James exclaimed, running a hand through his hair. "I'm going to ask Evans!"

"She's not going to go with you," Peter noted, his eyes glancing over the poster yet again. 

"Have faith in me, Wormtail. She isn't glaring at me as much as she did last year."

"Doesn't mean she'll go with you, mate," Sirius laughed.

James stuck his tongue out in Sirius's direction, before the boys started to make their way to the Great Hall. 

"If Lily rejects you, Prongs," Remus spoke quietly, causing the other three to turn towards him, "I'm not saying she will, but —"

"She probably will," Sirius added.

"If she does," Remus continued as if he hadn't been interrupted. "Are you going to ask someone else?"

James seemed to contemplate this, before shaking his head. "I'll go stag." He gave a large smirk, before losing a battle with a fit of laughter.

Sirius and Peter also broke down into a fit of laughter, leaving Remus as the only one with an expressionless face. "That wasn't even that funny."

"It kinda was, Moony," Sirius said, wiping a stray tear from his eye. 

"What about you three, who are you asking?" James inquired from the other three.

"I'm not asking anyone," Remus muttered quickly, "I can't get close to anyone with my condition anyway. I'll go stag with James."

"Two things." James held up two fingers, "One, Evans still might say yes, I haven't asked her yet. Two, you'd go wolf, not stag."

Remus pushed a laughing James away from him, but did crack a small smile.

"I'm not sure yet," piped up Peter. "I might, I might not."

"And you, Padfoot?" James grabbed Sirius's hand, and made him do a twirl as they walked. "Anyone you want to dance with?"

"I could probably get half the school to come with me, if I just wink." Sirius stated, swinging James and his hand more than necessary as he walked. He took his free hand, and gripped Remus's wrist. "Though, if you're all going alone, I might have to drag you three along on my date."