Chapter 32

"Hey! You ok kid?" Freddie sat down beside me, our legs swinging below in the water of he lake, staring glumly at the water.

"You'll get your trousers wet." I stated.

"Come on, tell your favourite uncle what up?" Fred said, pulling me into a cuddle. I let my arms lay limp by my side. "Don't be like that, it's always been us together, since you've been here, whether were brother and sister, or uncle and niece, I love you the same, Lett, your the person who'll be there till the end, for all of us, through everything, let me be here for you, at least this once." He said, pulling my arms around him. I gave in and leaned in, my arms hanging around him, sobbing quietly. "Ssh, it's ok." Freddie said, stroking my hair.

"I want to go away. For a while. I want out of this place. Please let me come with you and Sinead and Lily, please Freddie. I need to get out of here." I looked at him pleadingly.

"I don't know. Your joes daughter, he'd kill me. Me and sinead, and lil, were going to live in Canada with mum, joe wouldn't want you to go." Freddie said.

"But me and grandma are ok now, please Freddie. I wanna come."

"We will talk to Joe, Lett. Ok? But it's up to him, and him only." Freddie said firmly. I nodded, eagerly.

"Let's go!" I shouted and grabbed his hand and we ran off. Freddie was laughing a lot. I know he wants me to come with him and lil. He's planning on taking Lily away from sinead, he's right though, she's not fit to be a mother. I read his diary:

Dear Diary,

It's seems strange after all this time. Years and years since I've written, since I was kid. Me and Lily (my daughter) were going to live with mum in America. I can't wait to get Lily away from Sinead. She's gone back to selling herself, I don't want a woman like that as an idol for my daughter. I just wish I could take my brothers with me. And Scarlett. Scarlett, that kids gone through enough in the short time she's been with us. What's she's done for me is incredible. She made me get clean, go straight, patch things up with the family, be a good dad. I can't leave her. But I have too. It's the only way....

That was just a short extract from Freddie's diary. Now hopefully, dad will let me go.

"Dad!!" I called out, walking through the door with Freddie.

"Sash, what's up? I just put Junior down." Joe said.

"I want to go to Canada with Freddie and Lily." I looked up at him. His face sank. I guess I'm being a bit harsh on dad, but I just have to get out of here.

"Why do you want to go? I need you here, your my daughter, I love you, I want you with me." Joe pleaded, a tear in his eye.

"I want to get out of here. Not from you, cel and the kids but I need some time away from...all this. And besides you've got Lola, and JJ and Axel to keep you busy. And Fred says he'll let me go. Not forever, I'll be back." I said. "Please."

"How long do you want to go for?" Joe asked, pretty much crying.

"I don't know, a while. And I love you too dad." I said.

"A week?" He asked.

"A month?" I replied.

"A month?

"Yeah. Maybe longer. I can transfer to school for a while and catch up with grandma and help fed and Lil get settled in." I said.

"And sinead?" Dad asked.

"She's not coming. It's just me and Lil." Freddie said.

"And you want to take my daughter? As well as taking Sineads daughter away from her?" Joe started to shout.

"No. She wants to get away. And Lily needs to be away from sinead." Fred calmly stated.

"Right. 2 weeks, that's it." Joe said to me.

"3." I argued.

"Fine. Then you get right back here."

"Go pack a bag then!" Freddie said excitedly.

"Now?"

"Yeah. I'm leaving at four!"

"I thought you were going next week?" I asked.

"Just what I said to sinead. Right lack a bag. Then we need to get lil." Fed said. I rushed upstairs, packed everything I needed, shoving it all into backs. I went into the kids room and kissed all their heads, saying goodbye. I went downstairs and said bye to dad, and fed and I left. We got Lily, and got on a plane.