2 (chapter 1)

Since coming back from the first year, Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia gave Harry and I our own room. I managed to get the top bunk. Harry and I are getting impatient and want to go back to Hogwarts. I am currently laid on my stomach reading my potions book. Hedwig starts whining to be let out again and I look down at Harry who is looking at the photo album that Hagrid gave us.

"I can't let you out, Hedwig. I'm not allowed to use magic outside of school. Besides, if Uncle Vernon..." He says just as Vernon shouts up the stairs.

"Harry Potter!" He shouts. I roll my eyes and we both close our books.

"Now you've done it, Hedwig" I say. I jump down and motion for Harry to follow me. "Come on" We both walk down the stairs and see Petunia finishing off a cake she made for tonight.

"He's in there" She says and shakes her head at us. "Vernon?" We turn the corner to see him straightening Dudleys tie.

"I'm warning you, if you can't control that bloody bird, it'll have to go" He says, turning to Harry.

"But she's bored. If I could only let her out for an hour or two" He tries.

"So you can send secret messages to your freaky little friends? No, sir" He says shaking his head with a smile.

"But we haven't had any messages from any of our friends. Not one... all summer" I say to him. Dudley steps forward and laughs.

"Who would want to be friends with you two?" He says. I bite my tongue and glare at him.

"I should think you'd be a little more grateful. We've raised you both since you were babies, given you the food off our table... even let you have Dudley's second bedroom... purely out of the goodness of our heart" Vernon says. I roll my eyes at the statement.

"Not now. It's for when the Masons arrive" Petunia says as Dudley goes to take a cherry of the cake.

"Which should be any minute, Now, let's go over our schedule once again, shall we? Petunia, when the Masons arrive, you will be...?" Vernon asks.

"In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home" She says, plumping up a few pillows.

"Good. And, Dudley, you will be...?" He continues.

"I'll be waiting to open the door" Dudley replies and straightens his tie.

"Excellent. And you two?" He asks as all three of them turn to us.

"We will be in our bedroom, making no noise and pretending that we don't exist" Harry says.

"Like normal then" I say smiling at them. Vernon walks over to us.

"You watch that lip of yours Y/N, Too right, you will. With any luck, this could be the day I make the biggest deal of my career... ...and you will not mess it up" He says. We both turn on our heel and walk up the stairs. As I open the door I see an elf jumping on my bed.

"What on earth?" I say. I usher Harry in the room and close the door quickly as the doorbell goes off.

"Harry and Y/N Potter, such an honor it is" The elf says, turning to us.

"Who are you?" Harry asks.

"Dobby, sir. Dobby the house-elf" Dobby says with a smile.

"Not to be rude or anything... ...but this isn't a great time for us to have a house-elf in our bedroom" Hardy says motioning to the bedroom door.

"Yes, sir. Dobby understands. It's just that Dobby has come to tell you... It is difficult, sir. Dobby wonders where to begin" He says working himself up a bit.