5 (chapter 3)

"Bring it over here" Seamus says as they are flying a paper bird about.

"Over here. Oh, go on, Seamus" Dean shouts. I smile as a green paper bird lands on my desk. I turn to see Draco subtly wink at me and I open it.

You look absolutely beautiful, Meet me tonight? - DM

I close it and put it in my pocket before smiling and nodding without looking at him. I know he's staring at me so he will get the message. "Go on, get it" Someone says and it sets alight as Umbridge walks in. We all turn to the front as she gives her sickly sweet smile. I internally gag and turn to Hermione.

"Good morning, children. Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations. O-W-Ls. More commonly known as OWLs. Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe. Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know, from now on... you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved... course of defensive magic" She says. Hermione and I look through the books with disgusted faces. She raises her hand and Umbridge turns to her. "Yes?"

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" She says. Umbridge shakes her head with a smile.

"Using spells? Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom" She says. We share a look.

"We're not gonna use magic?" I say.

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way" She states walking back to the front of the classroom.

"What use is that? If we're attacked, it won't be risk-free" Harry shouts out and I see a flicker of annoyance run across her face.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class. It is the view of the Ministry... that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient... to get you through your examinations... which, after all, is what school is all about" She says.

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry continues. I turn to him and try to give him a warning glare.

"There is nothing out there, dear. Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself?" She says stopping in front of his desk.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe Lord Voldemort" He says. I sigh and roll my eyes in defeat.

"Now, let me make this quite plain. You have been told... that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie" She says forcing a smile.

"It's not a lie. We saw him. We fought him" Harry continues.

"Harry..." I warn. She straightens up and glares at both of us.

"Detention, Mr. Potter" She says. I sigh and shake my head. Don't get angry Y/N.

"Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord?" Harey presses. That hits a nerve.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident" She says. That's when I lose it.

"It was murder. Voldemort killed him" I shout. She turns to us both angrily. I hear Draco sigh from behind me. I definitely should have kept my mouth shut.

"Enough! Enough. See me later, Mr. Potter. My office" She says annoyed. Then turns to me with a smirk. "And you Miss Potter"

"But...l" I say but she glares at me. I sit in silence for the rest of the lesson and till we are dismissed. Hermione and I walk out together. "I swear that woman is asking for me to hex her"

"Y/N..." Hermione warns and I sigh.

"I know Hermione. I know" I say and we begin walking to Snape's class. "Come on, let's get to potions" The day flies by and I'm just on my way to detention. I try to keep my anger in check as I knock on the door.